tricks of the trade (1 Viewer)

siobhan

storytime.

i was driving home last night from the airport and life was mighty fine.
i'd had a 10 out of 10 weekend and i was driving home like that guy in the ad who's about to kill a child..except i was singing to sonic youth's reena on the radio and i hadnt just scored two goals and drank 70 pints.
and my shirt was peach not blue like his.
and i was driving a punto and i dont think he does.
anyways- horror struck me daft as i realised i'd put my bag with my purse in the boot of the car.
what a ninny.
with the toll bridge demading €1.80 looming what was i to do?

i did have a foreign coin which was about the size of a €2 on the dashboard..
i'd been waiting for an opportunity to palm it off and this seemed like as good a chance as any.
so i drove up to the toll thingie opened the car window and threw it into the bucket with a certain non chalence hoping my trick would work.
it didnt.
REJECTED COIN came up on the screen and all i could do was feign annoyance and confusion as to why the coin was rejected.
so i opened the car door about to go and get my purse from the boot when i saw a mountain of coins on the floor which had missed the bucket.
there was a FORTUNE there on the floor..
so i gathered it all up- 7 cars behind me watching and put the €1.80 in the bucket and the rest which was enough for half a pint in my pocket.
happy days..

so if you're ever approaching the m50 toll barriers with no money just drive up, open your car door and pick the money up off the floor.
and that is my trick of the trade tip for today.
hoorah.

Star Headline:

"Homeless Army Make Drivers Barmy"
The M50 was thronged with commuters of a different kind today, as homeless people descended upon the M50 toll bridge, searching for a reputed mountain of spare change.
Dave McSavage, a well known begger who agreed to be interviewed said "I friend of mine read about change around the buckets that was just sitting there, waiting to be gathered up, its great!"
"A friend saw it on the internet, and then he showed me this thread"

While hobo's go loco for the M50's loose pennies, motorists are complaining about the traffic mayhem these coin foragers are causing on the city's motorway. "I blame the government! This country is a joke! Sure some of them are even black!" said one taxi driver

Was driving through town yesterday and saw the same thing, in peak traffic two homeless guys walking down middle of traffic begging!! If only they had any fucking sense and bought a bucket and sponge maybe they could do something for the money.....you know like the rest of us!

im serious- there were leprechauns and rainbows and pots with 'pot of gold' engraved on the side and everything.
its a wonder more people dont see it.
guess its just a sign of our times- people just havent 'got the time' anymore.

La La said:
when the money basket goes around in church dip in and help yerself
as god says, charidee begins at home, and it is his home. fair play!

siobhan said:
storytime.

i'd had a 10 out of 10 weekend and i was driving home like that guy in the ad who's about to kill a child..except i was singing to sonic youth's reena on the radio and i hadnt just scored two goals and drank 70 pints.
anyways- horror struck me daft as i realised i'd put my bag with my purse in the boot of the car.
what a ninny.

i'd been waiting for an opportunity to palm it off and this seemed like as good a chance as any.
so i drove up to the toll thingie opened the car window and threw it into the bucket with a certain non chalence hoping my trick would work.
it didnt.
REJECTED COIN came up on the screen and all i could do was feign annoyance and confusion as to why the coin was rejected.
so i opened the car door about to go and get my purse from the boot when i saw a mountain of coins on the floor which had missed the bucket.
so i gathered it all up- 7 cars behind me watching and put the €1.80 in the bucket and the rest which was enough for half a pint in my pocket.
happy days..

so if you're ever approaching the m50 toll barriers with no money just drive up, open your car door and pick the money up off the floor.
hoorah.
yeah, i dropped me change before and i had to get out and have a look for it.. couldnt find my 20c coin but thankfully there was a billion other ones. handy alright.

when you've no food head down to dun laoighre and skulk. when you see an old biddy with her shopping, grab it and run.

*actually don't, it might be my nanny you steal from.

La La said:
when you've no food head down to dun laoighre and skulk. when you see an old biddy with her shopping, grab it and run.

*actually don't, it might be my nanny you steal from.

i walked past the wall at the church where all the grannies and aul lads sit yesterday..
they all smell of smokes

siobhan said:
storytime.

what a ninny.

it didnt.
happy days..

hoorah.

Deadly,I have done this a few times too.

george mcfly said:
i walked past the wall at the church where all the grannies and aul lads sit yesterday..
they all smell of smokes

the church that looks like an airport? i went on a romantic* stroll with a thumpeder there at christmas.

*if romantic is freezing your behind off and giggling nervously !ironyyy !baggyyyy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !bog

siobhan said:
storytime.

what a ninny.

it didnt.
happy days..

hoorah.

This happened my Dad one time when he was going to the airport to collect my Mum... he realised that he had no money - at all! So, he got into the cashier queue and when he reached the kiosk he wrote them out an IOU - which they accepted!!

I can't believe how jammy my Dad is. Another time his car broke down in Tallaght and (again) he had no money so he went to the Enquiries desk and borrowed a fiver off them - again with an IOU so he could go get himself some food! So, when Mum and I arrived to get him I went over to the amazed girl at the desk (she didn't think she'd see that fiver again) and "purchased" Dad's IOU!

smuggling drugs through SE asia, while risky, can provide a hefty monetary reward.

but when you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

La La said:
the church that looks like an airport? i went on a romantic* stroll with a thumpeder there at christmas.

*if romantic is freezing your behind off and giggling nervously !ironyyy !baggyyyy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !bog

that church has an amazing sculpture of a guy fighting a dragon/devil on the front of it

i dont see how you could find the eternal battle between good and evil romantic

in my youth i occasionly hung around garage forecourts for a punter to pull up for petrol (remember the days before self service?), i would give 'em a tenners worth of score or, with luck, a decent fill 'er up. Then when i finished and they gave me the cash and drove off i casually strolled off. never got nabbed for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back