Trevor Sargent resigns - did FF give him the bump? (1 Viewer)

Pantone247

Since 2000
Website
pantone247.blogspot.com
I was going to post this in, not the existing TS thread, but the Willie O'Dea thread... because it's pretty clear that FF bumped him off to teach the Greens as lesson about not getting behind old Willie

disgusting gangster style stuff, this recent return of 'cute whoor' politics in the Dail, where one up man ship, smart quips and plain brown envelopes dropped into newspapers trumps any attempts to improve the countrys sorry lot is more depressing then back before christmas when the pricks were at least pretending to take their job seriously

lots of fingers pointing at dermot ahern - i'd suspect FF's dossier of dirt on all other politicians is accessible to all of the upper echelon of FF...

As the wise man B Real once said, what go around come around, kid.

Trevor Sargent isn't any loss, and while Willie O'Dea was one of the more capable ministers, Defence isn't exactly one of our higher priority cabinet positions and Questions & Answers is gone, so he's not going to be thrown on that when there's an awkward issue about. No major change to how they'd be (mis)managing the country with those two gone.

I'd take Trevor Sargent over Willie O'Dea ANY day!

Trevor made an error of judgement, in honesty, and stepped down when he was called on it. O'Dea slandered a council candidate, lied about it, tried to get the police to cover it up, then lied again to the High Court about it, AND took a week or so to step down...

More worrying then any of this is FF attempts to use the media to perform it's own dirty work, this is a vindictive act to scare The Greens back in line... total gangster stuff

you can bet your life that was an FF leak. sad to see trevor go, but i kinda lost respect for him when he 'got out of' leading the greens into coalition with FF by stepping down as leader.

I agree, I think it was probably a mistake for The Greens to get into bed with FF, but I can also see why they took the risk and went for it. It was probably never going to end well, but it will leave them with the experience and hopefully a bit of toughness if they should ever get the chance to form a Goverenment again (probably not anytime soon) once all the dust as settled I think the raise in profile for The Greens wasn't a bad thing and will do them no harm

I still respect Trevor a lot, he made good positive changes as a counciller, and I think he'll continue to do good positive grass roots work in the future, probably more then he could do as a career politician

I suppose that might be the trick, a party like The Greens are way more valuable on local goverenment, then in The Big House with the cute whoors

colleague: give me one good reason why i should vote for the greens - all they're after is my wallet.
me: well, you got your house insulated cheaply, you got a cheap bike for your missus on the cycle to work scheme, and you got a car with much cheaper road tax as a direct result of their policies.
colleague: that was them?

i'm dissapointed to see him go but at least he didn't wait for a week to go and resigned very shortly afterwards.

i think a big reason Ahern is suspected is that he is minister for justice so has easier access to files then any other FF though on that basis i wouldn't discout a disgruntled public servant either.

one thing for sure, it did not come from a freedom of information as that bill doesn't cover the garda (source - http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/opinion/2010/0223/1224265034279.html )

I still respect Trevor a lot, he made good positive changes as a counciller, and I think he'll continue to do good positive grass roots work in the future, probably more then he could do as a career politician

I'd say he'll be the only Green party member to get re-elected next time round actually. He fell on his sword as soon as the story came out, and he won't be around for the next couple of years while the FF/GP coalition makes bits of itself.
Everyone in Leinster House has been fawning over him all day, he's held in very high regard by all and sundry and so he's reputation is still pretty much intact. It's in stark contrast to how O'Dea's resignation was perceived.

I was just thinking the other day that perhaps the only way the Green Party could salvage something from the wreckage of their coalition with FF would be to exit government at an appropriate time and then re-install Sargent as leader. I'm not sure whether this makes that more or less likely ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back