Transformers the NEW Movie (2 Viewers)

My two cents:

The giant fighting robot scenes are nice, although so fast and complicated you might as well be staring point blank into a strobe.

There isn't a line of the movie that makes any sense, or that any real person would say unless they were an actor or a special effect in a movie about giant fighting robots, eg: Megatron wakes up from having been frozen and shouts "I am Megatron!" (actually I did that the other morning)

(I'm not called Megatron like - I said me own name.)

The film is stuffed to the robo-gills with product placement and ads and lines with little ads in them written by real life Decepticons. A logo could never feature in finished movie like they do here by accident. Theres even a pointless clip of a man walking down the street carrying an X-Box 360 (as you do), which starts to transform, although into what we never see.

The Autobots are thick as fuck.

The human to robot time ratio is way off.

Everything is made glaringly obvious so that children and people who don't really pay attention can grasp it. ("Qatar - The Middle East")

The giant fighting robots were nice though, so see it if yer into 'em. And if you are into 'em, there's a subplot about a nerdy idiot who gets off with a hot chick who doesn't mind that he's a nerdy idiot, so you can project yourself into the character and almost catch a glimpse of what it's like to kiss an actual girl! Sorry that was cruel.

I told you, but you wouldn't listen!

Oh no! You knew better!

What you said was somthing like:"I did'nt agree with the aesthetic choice of the directors approach, and felt that a more intricate narrative would have better suited the complex nature of the depiction of the autobots representation as an allegory of moral freedom verses capatilist corruption vis-a-vis the decpticons; and felt let down by the lack of neccessary symbolism in most the establishing shots that contributed to the overall feeling that more effoert should hace been made in order to satisfy my veiwing needs as one of the best film critics the world has ever seen."

I just dont think there was enough transforming.

I too have been shouting "ALL HAIL MEGATRON" immediatly after doing or saying somthing mean or horrible.

What you said was somthing like:"I did'nt agree with the aesthetic choice of the directors approach, and felt that a more intricate narrative would have better suited the complex nature of the depiction of the autobots representation as an allegory of moral freedom verses capatilist corruption vis-a-vis the decpticons; and felt let down by the lack of neccessary symbolism in most the establishing shots that contributed to the overall feeling that more effoert should hace been made in order to satisfy my veiwing needs as one of the best film critics the world has ever seen."

I just dont think there was enough transforming.

I too have been shouting "ALL HAIL MEGATRON" immediatly after doing or saying somthing mean or horrible.

It's amazing how silly you can sound when someone throws your own words back at you!

I apologise, or as Optimus Prime would say "My bad!".

saw this the other night. Best popcorn flick i've seen in ages. Lots of explosions, some funny jokes, and lots of cool loud-assed noises. I left the cinema a very happy man!!!

sure it's different to the cartoon but 99% of big screen adaptions make pretty serious changes to the original idea. Remember He-Man?!? Trust me, Transformers could have been made a lot worse

I liked how it was so unsubtle. Like the cube which was evil that they were trying to destroy, which brought to mind the (evil?) cube in Islam that's the central point of the religion. Beautiful.

I liked how it was so unsubtle. Like the cube which was evil that they were trying to destroy, which brought to mind the (evil?) cube in Islam that's the central point of the religion. Beautiful.

Yeah. I uh, got that too.

Y'ever watch bear in the big blue house? when Shadow appears out of nowhere and starts singing? I think it brings to mind that whole idea that the producers think Niggers aint good for shit but singin.

hey theweeyin there's more than.... meets the eye..... with you

eh? eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back