Touristy stuff in Dublin when you're broke. (1 Viewer)

Back on topic.....

Babysitting in my gaf on Saturday night.

Me & the girlfriend did a touristy weekend in Dublin at Christmas.

The hop on/hop off tourist buses are handy for getting around if you're going to do everything in 1 day.
Think it's about €15 each for a 24 ticket, There's an audio guide of all the places you'll be passing too.

It'll take you to:

Dublin Castle (lovely to walk around the grounds even if you don't want to pay in & the Chester Beatty library is worth a free look too)

IMMA - a bit disapointing, tbh. Very small exhibition space. A lot of Irish collection was in storage when we were there cos they don't have the space to display it. I think the National Gallery is more impressive.

The Guinness Storehouse - Didn't bother our arses going to this.

Phoenix Park - Knock in & have a cuppa with Mary.

Kilmainham - didn't make this either, so can't comment.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend booking tickets to a play too.
The Peacock or the Project are usually about €15 a ticket although, for tourists, the Gate or The Abbey would be the most impressive venues

The Iveagh Gardens are a nice alternative to Stephens Green.

Also, if you're stopping off for a pint or a bit of lunch, the Westin near Temple Bar is good value but looks nice & fancy.

The bar downstairs serves food.
All the surroundings & service of a good hotel but bar-food prices.

We got a large platter for 2 for about €20.
We couldn't finish it & it was tasty shit!

4 people could easily have snacked off it.

Go see (and touch) partially mummified bodies at St Michan's church, on Church St. Costs €3.50 I believe & includes the services of a hilariously OTT guide.

Walking the south wall is one of my favourite free things to do near the city centre. If you're into industrial wastelands you get a good buzz off the trip there as well.

Go see (and touch) partially mummified bodies at St Michan's church, on Church St. Costs €3.50 I believe & includes the services of a hilariously OTT guide.

Walking the south wall is one of my favourite free things to do near the city centre. If you're into industrial wastelands you get a good buzz off the trip there as well.

good call. The Bull wall/Dollymount is worth a bracing winter stroll too.
Burrow beach in Sutton is cool when the tide is out.

The national museum has the bog people in it, 2000 year old people the unearthed from bogs. It's killer.
The one on Kildare st that is.

Good one. Go watch/listen to jazz in the basement across from Stags Head on a Thursday night. And eat tapas AT THE SAME TIME if you've got the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back