Tour De France 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

what sort of speed would froome have been pulling in that attack when he remained seated? the notion that the reduced drag would be significant strikes me as being odd.

I rode the Ventoux last year. Froome attacked Contador 7km from the top, which is just around the approach to the corner where the restaurant car park is and the trees thin out. That bit is practically flat, about 2% gradient. Round the corner it ramps up again for the moonscape bit. The other thing is that as soon as you clear the trees the mistral wind hits you like a slap in the face. So I guess aerodynamics are important. This isn't mentioned when the burst of acceleration is written about.

Anyone got access to the Sunday Times? I haven't seen Walsh's piece as it's firewalled.

I rode the Ventoux last year. Froome attacked Contador 7km from the top, which is just around the approach to the corner where the restaurant car park is and the trees thin out. That bit is practically flat, about 2% gradient. Round the corner it ramps up again for the moonscape bit. The other thing is that as soon as you clear the trees the mistral wind hits you like a slap in the face. So I guess aerodynamics are important. This isn't mentioned when the burst of acceleration is written about.

so, was it flat for Froome but not for Quintana/Contador? Whats your point?

Personally I think it's quite a plausible explanation. It's to do with conditioning the rider to go into the anaerobic zone for short periods of time, remaining seated to reduce drag, and then to be able to recover from the lactic acid while maintaining a high cadence.

GENIUS. Why didn't anyone else think of this? Why didn't Mick Rogers reveal these secrets to Saxo-Tinkoff? Why were the rest of Sky so crap if they train the same way?

when are the names of all the riders who were positive for EPO in the 1998 Tour being revealed ?
it's VERY suspicious that those samples results are were not tested properly in the early 2000's. the samples taken circa 1998 to 2000 we were told at the time would nail dopers when an EPO test arrived and look what happened.

O'Grady and Voigt rode the 1998 tour for Gan ( renamed Credit Agricole by end of the season). like O'Grady Tosatto rode the 97 Tour but i don't think he was at 98 edition.

yeah the Froome debate isn't going anywhere but my two cents worth:
the performance Data Sky issued backfired as it was so selective only covering the last two years. they'll have do better than that.
all we want is an explaination as to why he was so unspectacular before and so crushing now. sounds straight forward if he's clean.

also look at some of the others:
Quintana did no racing from April until the Tour. of course Lance was into this 'i train harder than i go in races' bullshit and the idea of training instead of racing in June was something i remember Manolo Siaz first proposing.
Kreuziger worked with Ferrari.

a quick visit to Cyclingnews tells that the French Senate report on cycling doping is out tomorrow.
yep, and shockingly, O'Grady announced his retirement yesterday. I expect Voight to follow suit.

this report was due out last week. The tour organisers managed to convince them to hold off until this week, to get the tour finished, as 3 lads who rode in 98 rode this year.

also look at some of the others:
Quintana did no racing from April until the Tour. of course Lance was into this 'i train harder than i go in races' bullshit and the idea of training instead of racing in June was something i remember Manolo Siaz first proposing.
Kreuziger worked with Ferrari.

see the big problem with this "i train harder" excuse is that what are the other riders doing? just posting on twitter and eating yoghurt?

of course froome could be clean, but some scepticism after everything cycling has been through is not exactly a bad thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back