Tour De France 2013 thread (1 Viewer)

Cadel_Evans3-420x0.jpg

HOW COULD YOU MAURO YOU CUNT?

anyone any abiding memories of the 1986 Tour de France?

STAGE 13 1986 TOUR :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHYUtRKOxCU

one of the best stages i've ever seen. on the previous stage Hinault broke away with Delgado and took
yellow jersey after taking 4:36 out of his team mate LeMond who finished third. despite Lemond being the nominated team leader Hinault attacks again on this stage to try and finish the race and i think he was overall race leader on the road by a total of eight minutes at one point on this stage. in the end LeMond wins his first stage and almost wipes out his GC lead.
(sorry to tell you what happened but i put up videos before and no one mentioned watching them)

that interview with Pat McQuaid was awesome Ger Gilroy really did his research.

elsewhere on the internet, we do a picks for fantasy in a fearless competition

GC - Teejay Van Garderen
Points - Andre Greipel
Mountains - damiano cunego
young rider - in theory, my pick should be teejay. however lets say Peter Sagan.

there is a first time for everything and this is my first time picking sagan
icon_biggrin.gif

1 - bouhanni

i should note i go for picks that aren't picked by others so this limits my options. it doesn't interest me in picking contador or froome for the overall as everyone else would pick them.

there is points for the top 6 in the standings

Yesterday brought me back to my carefree days as a teenager watching full stages in the summer. Gripping viewing from when I started watching around 10:30am right to the finish. Absolutely epic.

Thoughts on doping, anyone? I think I'll wait until the three weeks are up before making any observations...

The head on Sean Yates in the Eurosport studio, by the way. He looks like how people who were addicted to heroin for a couple of decades but have now cleaned up look. The fidgeting and level of eloquence add to it, also.

What might he have done, Cormac? He was at a crap team and had bilharzia, so why shouldn't he improve? It's a like saying Wayne Rooney never won a title when he was at Everton.

I'm not suggesting they are above suspicion - far from it - but you just look like a complete tit who knows fuck all about training when you're making comments like that.

Fact is that pretty much all GC winners are historically riders who can climb and TT, so the fact that Froome climbed well and TT'd well just means that he's a potential GC winner. The other funny fact which you are probably by now aware of is that in the last few stages Sky have been getting dropped all over the place and they look like they are cracking.

I'm not suggesting they are above suspicion - far from it - but you just look like a complete tit who knows fuck all about training when you're making comments like that.

Fact is that pretty much all GC winners are historically riders who can climb and TT, so the fact that Froome climbed well and TT'd well just means that he's a potential GC winner. The other funny fact which you are probably by now aware of is that in the last few stages Sky have been getting dropped all over the place and they look like they are cracking.

wooooooooah, cool the jets there. I don't buy that bullshit for a second. Its as if Sky are the only team who have powermeters, are the only team who do altitude training camps, are the only team who train 'hard', are the only team who do a warmdown after a stage. In fact, as far as I can see, the only thing Sky do that other teams don't do is bring their riders beds from their homes from hotel to hotel, with their pillows nice a fluffy for them after their hard day in the office.

Tell us all about Bilzarhias, or however the hell you spell it, and please explain to me how having this, and then no longer having it (all the while having to 'disappear' off to Africa once a year for some mythical 'treatment' - and by the way, Froome is the only one who heads off to Africa). Its almost like suggesting if someone had cancer and then didn't have it they'd be deadly.... oh wait..

Did you read about Antoine Vayer's piece in L'Equipe about Froome's power readings up to Ax-3-Domaine? Did you read the Gazetta piece on the same topic?

Can you please explain to me how he can TT to within 12 seconds of the third fastest TT in the history of the tour de france, despite having no discernable muscle.

Sky took a big risk with the team they put around Froome for this tour. They had their hopes pinned on Thomas, Stannard and Kirienka being able to carry him on the flat (Thomas now has a broken pelvia, Kierienka gone home, Stannard is average at best), and Porte and Kirienka (cos lets face it, hes on drugs) in the hills. I can't explain what happened Porte since last weekend. I presume it must be illness because there seems no logic to his utter capitulation, expecially given prior performances in the dauphine, criterium international, etc.

These are some facts;

- Sky formed as an ethical team vowing transparency in all their methods and preparation.

- Sky fell flat on their arses in their first season

- Sky hired the services of Dr.Geert Leeinders, the doctor who oversaw systematic doping at the Dutch Rabobank squad.

- Sky signed JA Flecha, who was at that Rabobank squad

- Sky hired the services of Sean Yates, a man with a doping past and a man who lied about his doping past

- Sky fired all staff over the winter who had any links to anything even remotely doping related in an obvious PR stunt. Contrast that with the attitude of Garmiin.

Sky preach about having some magical, mystical training methods that no one else knows about. Despite this, only a handful of their riders actually perform well (see Rigoberto Uran in the Giro). Riders who were with Sky and then left Sky to go to other teams (such as Michael Rogers) have seriously regressed as riders (next year will tell us a lot more when Uran, if as expected, jumps ship).

Sky won't answer any questions. They embed the most high profile cycling journalist possible (who works for the same master as they do), who seems happily oblivious to whatever the hell is going on. If, as Brailsford says, releasing SRM data to the public would compromise Froome's tour challenge, why not then just release it to Walsh and have him comment on it without revealing the numbers?

How can Froome be turning out power numbers comparable to EPO-era dopers?

What about Edvald Bosson-Hagen? How about his spectacular decline as a rider? A decline, to me, than only be explained by his refusal to dope.

Sorry man, but defending Sky is defending the indefensible. They are crooked as fuck, but all their eggs seems to be in one or 2 baskets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back