Tour de France 2007 thread (8 Viewers)

Is there any audio commentary streams online? I remember some one on Yahoo years ago that relayed the Eurosport commentary. The discovery plus app on my phone doesn't allow the audio from the video stream if the app isn't in the foreground.......the pricks etc etc.....

Is there any audio commentary streams online? I remember some one on Yahoo years ago that relayed the Eurosport commentary. The discovery plus app on my phone doesn't allow the audio from the video stream if the app isn't in the foreground.......the pricks etc etc.....
I found a youtube channel the other day streaming Eurosport audio commentary on the stage Groenewegen (sic) won. can't rememember the name but it was one of the first that came up in a search.
I'm sure multiple channels are doing the same.

I have a soft spot for Thibaut Pinot and always did. Since the french stopped seeing him as a future tour winner he's thrived and has been able to pick off some great stage victories. I was surprised he went up the road yesterday. I figured he'd save his powder for alpe d'huez on thursday (bastille day). I hope he does it. He seems to be able to pick his stages, 'prepare' himself nicely, and take prestigious stages so I reckon he will.

I've told it before but I was out cycling in the canaries a few years back with a mate. We were going up this long motherfucker of a climb, in good form, tipping along at a good pace (for us). Then I noticed 4 lads a couple of switchbacks down who were going just a small bit faster than we were. When they weren't that far back I noticed they were all in FdJ kit. When they got closer I noted one of them was Pinot. I turned to tell it to my mate when the 4 of them passed us like we were standing still. There was a plateau a couple of hundred meters up the road and when we got there the 4 lads were stopped and were refuelling from their support van. The other 3 were Steve Morabito, Tobias Ludvigson and Pinot's brother. We stopped there too. They were talking French and I don't think Pinot speaks English so we didn't try and engage them. Just stanned for a bit, then they fucked off up the rest of the climb, never to be seen again.

I have a soft spot for Thibaut Pinot and always did. Since the french stopped seeing him as a future tour winner he's thrived and has been able to pick off some great stage victories. I was surprised he went up the road yesterday. I figured he'd save his powder for alpe d'huez on thursday (bastille day). I hope he does it. He seems to be able to pick his stages, 'prepare' himself nicely, and take prestigious stages so I reckon he will.

I've told it before but I was out cycling in the canaries a few years back with a mate. We were going up this long motherfucker of a climb, in good form, tipping along at a good pace (for us). Then I noticed 4 lads a couple of switchbacks down who were going just a small bit faster than we were. When they weren't that far back I noticed they were all in FdJ kit. When they got closer I noted one of them was Pinot. I turned to tell it to my mate when the 4 of them passed us like we were standing still. There was a plateau a couple of hundred meters up the road and when we got there the 4 lads were stopped and were refuelling from their support van. The other 3 were Steve Morabito, Tobias Ludvigson and Pinot's brother. We stopped there too. They were talking French and I don't think Pinot speaks English so we didn't try and engage them. Just stanned for a bit, then they fucked off up the rest of the climb, never to be seen again.
Pinot is one the few riders I would count myself as being a fan of - definitely my favourite top rider. his older brother has been coaching him all along. every chance of him getting a stage again.
Jungels is a nice lad too after a great start to his career he went very quiet for several years.
for me stages like that make the race or the one Clarke won. I especially love seeing mountain stages won by breaks. the rest of it can get predictable.

Van Vleuten won the women's Giro easily. only Cavalli got remotely near her (Cicilie was 6th on GC despite being very selfless for Cavalli). FDJ are a top team now.
my fave stage was Juliette Labous winning with a break in the mountains she also finished 9th overall.

fair enough, I'm not sure what he was at either because I'm sure as can be that hes gonna go all out for this one

forgot about the Tour website feed which is ace for mountain stages were the GPS transponders tell you exactly where everyone is on the road.
if yer not in front of a TV screen then combine that with this youtube stream of the Eurosport commentary (plus lots of other info) and you're set. this was the one for stage 10.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blinding stage 11 today.
I had a big stroke of luck today when I started watching with 70 km left and within a mile it was near non stop action for the rest of the day.

I saw a few stages in the late 80's and very early 90's where things would be in full swing on the second of three cols but EPO, heart monitors, ear pieces, GPS and TVs in DS's cars finished that off for decades.
Pantani winning in Aprica in the 1994 after blowing everyone away on the Motirolo nearly two hours before was one of very the last of a dying breed.
My only worry now is that the race many be over as an overall contest.

Blinding stage 11 today.
I had a big stroke of luck today when I started watching with 70 km left and within a mile it was near non stop action for the rest of the day.

I saw a few stages in the late 80's and very early 90's where things would be in full swing on the second of three cols but EPO, heart monitors, ear pieces, GPS and TVs in DS's cars finished that off for decades.
Pantani winning in Aprica in the 1994 after blowing everyone away on the Motirolo nearly two hours before was one of very the last of a dying breed.
My only worry now is that the race many be over as an overall contest.
I stuck it on today about 3pm, back of the net. Couldn't believe what I was seeing haha, somebody must have forgotten to take their supplements today...

I've only a passing interest in cycling but definitely tuning in for the highlights of today's stage. Here- been meaning to ask this- how come Sam Bennett isn't in the Tour this year?
Sam was struggling for form.
he won only one race this year, a good one though, the Frankfurt race on May Day (a smaller one day classic) but it was mostly down to a superb lead out by Danny Van Poppel.
after that Danny gave Sam an awesome lead out in another one day race w/ a strong field @ the Tour of Limburg (Belgium) but Sam blew it and finished 5th but Danny realised instantly and managed to hang on and get 3rd.
Van Poppel and the Bora lads also did a great job for Sam at the Tour of Belgium in June and Sam wasn't able to get better than 4th there.
if Danny, who often wins races in Belgium, had ridden for himself he would have won in Frankfurt and Limburg.
when Sam got lead outs like this he just HAS TO win to justify selection.
so Bora decided to take Danny Van Poppel and leave Sam and the rest of his lead out train at home. there are also not many flat stages for sprinters anyway.
So Aleksandr Vlasov is the undisputed leader of Bora at the Tour - he's currently in the top ten.
Lennard Kamna also nearly won a mountain stage a few days ago in a break - he got caught in last 100 metres and missed out on yellow on stage 10 by 15 odd seconds.

Sam won 5 races in 2021 before May and suffering the knee injury. unfortunately things just haven't come
right for him since.
EDIT: fixed some name spellings and two result mistakes.

Last edited:
That and the fact that his team told him they’re focused on the GC.
Vlasov has been great this season winning stage races in Valencia, Romandie and a few other near misses - 3rd in Basque Country and Fleche Wallonne
also he took the lead in the Tour de Suisse after winning a stage but couldn't start the next day due to Covid.
He's currently in 8th place but they were hoping for a bit more from him .
they took Danny Van Poppel but told him he's on his own in the sprints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back