Tour de France 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

I get he was angry but his comments were dickish
I read this at the time and the story about Groenewegen talking about their meeting.
the legal advice they are both getting must be seriously holding back any reconciltiation.

my take was the barriers were faulty and even then it turned into a worst case scenario.
Dylan G. was at fault too but how often have we seen worse where no one got hurt?
any compensation should mostly come from the race organizers.

I was watching that day and turned off after they showed the second replay of Fabio crashing.
it was only the next day from overhead that I saw how sideways Groenewegen had deviated.
at the time it looked like a total accident . never saw anything like it before and hopefully never again.

the scapegoating of Groenewegen brutal and hopefully soon they can both concentrate completely on cycling again.

Patrick Lefevere on Sam Bennett in his latest column in Het Nieuwsblad:
how could they allow this to be published? What kind of sponsors would tolerate this language and bullying?

Calling domestic violence victims 'weak' and even after several days where the mental health of sports people was widely discussed in the media (in light of Simone Biles at the Olympics, Ben Stokes taking a break from cricket among others) Lefevere lack of awareness of bullying's part in damaging wellbeing is staggering.

This inc. some of the things he said about some of his other riders. even Frank Vandenbroucke or Tim Declercq aren't immune:

That's mental, hope it gets him fired the cunt
its his team though. He's the boss. But I hope this will cause the team to completely implode, the sponsors pull out, the other riders want nothing to do with him, etc. He's a grade A cunt and there's no place for him anywhere remotely close to a civilised society.

Good on Sam for holding his tongue. His silence must be driving Le Fevere mad. LF is clearly trying to provoke a reaction from him, but it ain't happening.

He's allegedly signed the World Tour's favourite racist Moscon, presumably for fuck all since no one else wants to touch the toxic prick.

Pretty much a win/win for Lefevere. Good rider, cheap, and the PR couldn't get any worse anyway since he's already at about as low as you can get.

Odd that Deceuninck or quickstep floors don't take him to one side and kindly ask him to STFU.

He's allegedly signed the World Tour's favourite racist Moscon, presumably for fuck all since no one else wants to touch the toxic prick.

Pretty much a win/win for Lefevere. Good rider, cheap, and the PR couldn't get any worse anyway since he's already at about as low as you can get.

Odd that Deceuninck or quickstep floors don't take him to one side and kindly ask him to STFU.
he can get his own little Rock Racing going if he signs a few more cunts. That white supremacist lad from trek, and maybe that little twerp Bouhani .

Rock Racing
Jesus... Rock Racing. I'd forgotten about that entire chapter.

Kind of a sound strategy in hindsight too. Just hire every dodgy geezer going for half nothing, and see who lets you race.

They had de Rosa bikes, with Campag. I mean... absolute worst case scenario you end up with a rake of nice bikes.

Moscon is a heart of darkness with the worst rap sheet in the peloton.

the gutless UCI should have gotten involved here 'inappropiate comments' doesn't even begin to cover what Lefevere said.

I didn't know he threatened to pull the team off the San Juan race when this happened but I remember what Keisse did:

Armstrong says a lot of shit, but one thing he said kind of resonated with me: Get rid of the UCI. Make the entire organization disappear, they do nothing. Start again.

The UCI are so useless it never even occurred to me that they would step in, and I was thinking the sponsors should do something. They are worse than useless.

Armstrong says a lot of shit, but one thing he said kind of resonated with me: Get rid of the UCI. Make the entire organization disappear, they do nothing. Start again.

The UCI are so useless it never even occurred to me that they would step in, and I was thinking the sponsors should do something. They are worse than useless.
yeah, a complete reboot with entirely new people would help.

that reminds me - no failed drugs tests at the Olympics eleven days in.

yeah, a complete reboot with entirely new people would help.

that reminds me - no failed drugs tests at the Olympics eleven days in.
what about that Nigerian one?

also, this AAF from some Georgian shot-putter

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Somebody thought PL the fear.
he admits Sam had knee surgery and says he won't comment on him again.
extremely rare for people like him to feel they have to apologise to anyone.

most the Olympics has been discussed on the

'Fairweather sports tourist thread'

but speaking of Quickstep....the Danes won the Men's Madison this morning w/ Morkov claiming his first ever Olympic gold w/ Lasse Norman Hansen.

the Irish lads Felix English and Mark Downey who are handy at the Madison got lapped and retired

This is very sad. Olivia Podmore (1997 - 9 August 2021) NZ track rider who was 2016 Olympian.

Jose Gomez del Moral (1931-2021) older brother of 60's star Antonio who also died last month

the first comment in reply to this story is chilling. A former track rider 'Pokerface' talks about how precarious being a track rider is. Being dependent on meager grants, non supportive environment and being suicidal after returning home from a disappointing Worlds.

At the opposite end - Fabio Jakobsen winning a Vuelta stage only a year after nearly being killed in the Tour of Poland is incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back