Tour de France 2007 thread (1 Viewer)

Maybe they thought it would be disrespectful not to mention Dan but still should have pointed out he's Irish. He turned a chance to go to the 2008 Olympics for GB in his neo Pro season.

Wiggo is a half Aussie Belgian if you want to be picky.

Yeah, like I actually think for once the mistake is understandable in his case, I mean if you hear him talk you'd just think he was English. Obviously he is Irish because he considers himself Irish, but you can actually see how they'd make the mistake for once.

Maybe they thought it would be disrespectful not to mention Dan but still should have pointed out he's Irish. He turned a chance to go to the 2008 Olympics for GB in his neo Pro season.

Wiggo is a half Aussie Belgian if you want to be picky.
''Dan turned DOWN a chance to go to the 2008 Olympics with GB''.
I am the best at leaving words out sentences!

watched the Tour Presentation from Brittany earlier.
best part was a guest freestyle BMXer who chose a track for his demonstration featuring Snoop Dogg.
no censorship at all so a few mentions of ''bitch'' and ''nigga'' to start with, then throw in plenty of ''fucks'' and ''muthafuckers'' to finish the job off - great to see France is finally accepting the English language.

French rap is huge. is it also that uncensored in the media ?
a lot people find it strange how censored the English language is considering how common swearing is.

actually why do so many non-native English speakers say -
''FOR SURE'' ? (as in 'yes I agree')
native English speakers don't say that. is it a common term in other languages?

here's the legendary prank of Frank n Andy from 10 years ago.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this was dodgy at the time but I don't think she (the Comedian) would risk this now for fear of getting CANCELLED.
Poor Andy had such a miserable end to his career but he has a huge bike shop now so hopefully he's moved on .

''Dan turned DOWN a chance to go to the 2008 Olympics with GB''.
I am the best at leaving words out sentences!

watched the Tour Presentation from Brittany earlier.
best part was a guest freestyle BMXer who chose a track for his demonstration featuring Snoop Dogg.
no censorship at all so a few mentions of ''bitch'' and ''nigga'' to start with, then throw in plenty of ''fucks'' and ''muthafuckers'' to finish the job off - great to see France is finally accepting the English language.

French rap is huge. is it also that uncensored in the media ?
a lot people find it strange how censored the English language is considering how common swearing is.

actually why do so many non-native English speakers say -
''FOR SURE'' ? (as in 'yes I agree')
native English speakers don't say that. is it a common term in other languages?

here's the legendary prank of Frank n Andy from 10 years ago.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

this was dodgy at the time but I don't think she (the Comedian) would risk this now for fear of getting CANCELLED.
Poor Andy had such a miserable end to his career but he has a huge bike shop now so hopefully he's moved on .

Andy was never going to be happy in life until he got out of bike racing. He had serious issues with his weight perception. I mean he had zero body fat, but became obsessed - if someone called him 'fat' jokingly, he'd take it to heart.

Dan said at the time that he took out an Irish licence because of the Brit's switch of focus to track cycling. Its hard to ever imagine him ever riding under the colours of britland.

I'm a big fan of Dan, personally. Really top bloke. I do think he's almost done though. That Israel team seem to be where riders go to die (not literally).

one of the few times I saw Andy Schleck on TV since he retired he was talking on Eurosport in his shop and he looked liked a healthy young man -instead of being very thin when he was racing. I noticed it straight away and Kelly's commented on it too saying he was looking better.
but so many riders are on the verge of having an eating disorder that I wouldn't have singled Andy out.
he's younger than Froome.

yeah I remember Dan saying that about the track focus in GB Cycling. at that point (2008) he was a huge loss to GB cycling as there was no inkling WHATSOEVER that they had ANY Tour de France contenders in the pipeline.
Wonder if Dan ever thinks ''How the hell did Brad, Froome and G end up being better GT riders than me?!!''

he's a good lad, he's had a great career and he's owes no one anything at this stage.
I've hugely enjoyed following his career

Le Tour 2021 just started in last ten minutes in Brittany and two lads crashed into a traffic island already.
I think La course (women's race) was on earlier but I forgot about it - will watch later as it's usually far better than the men's stage that day.

Le Tour 2021 just started in last ten minutes in Brittany and two lads crashed into a traffic island already.
I think La course (women's race) was on earlier but I forgot about it - will watch later as it's usually far better than the men's stage that day.
I watched the women's race. The last few kms were great.

The men's is a snoozefest, as expected in the first stage.

Unfortunately it has kind of fucked the stage altogether. There was potential for a bit of interest here as there's a good hill near the end that could fuck up the sprinters, but the crash means the peloton has slowed to allow riders to rejoin, so now there's no chance of a team trying to smash the hill in the hope of dropping sprinters from other teams before the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back