Tour de France 2007 thread (4 Viewers)

absolute fucking LoLs. The brits 'performance' at their own olympics was as fucking dirty and as crooked as has ever been. And its good that this shit is starting to come out because there is not a dirtier doping nation on this planet right now

that article could be paywalled. The story is doing the rounds in other places too. I saw it on twitter.

EVERY.MEDAL.TAINTED.

remember, it came out that UK Antidoping, and not WADA, were policing British Cycling. They had licence to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

I looked up the BBC article on it and it is LOL, their excuse is that she had asthma as a kid and had asthmatic symptoms after winning one of the gold medals so she used an inhaler before talking to press. Fucking lol, what a total load of bollocks. Trained as an athlete for what must be basically her whole life, gets in good enough condition to win 14 gold medals in 2 different disciplines, and then gets asthmatic after one of the races? Yeah, pull the other one Froomey. Fuckin US Postal special.

Edit: Haha was just thinking, if it was a Russian athlete that came out with that shit, they'd be laughed out of the building

incidentally, the statute of limitation on this will be kicking in soon. That being, the time beyond which they can't be retrospectively prosecuted if shit comes out about them. So I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stories that have been sat on, will start to come out now.

Remember Stuart O'Grady admitting doping, but he'd only admit to races that happened beyond the SoL.

Cheeky pricks.

incidentally, the statute of limitation on this will be kicking in soon. That being, the time beyond which they can't be retrospectively prosecuted if shit comes out about them. So I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of stories that have been sat on, will start to come out now.

Remember Stuart O'Grady admitting doping, but he'd only admit to races that happened beyond the SoL.

Cheeky pricks.
same with Erik Zabel. he used the tactic of only admitting to 90's doping to continue racing but then more recent doping came to light

watching the news from Gaza the last week was a wake up call as to how infiltrating elite sport normalises regimes like UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Israel etc
we remember how rotten the pay masters are but routinely mention their names in passing simply as sponsors, hosts or team owners because other than quitting following elite sport we can't do anything about it.
when the Giro was in Israel a few years back I refused to watch those 3 stages but otherwise I've just tolerated it

same with Erik Zabel. he used the tactic of only admitting to 90's doping to continue racing but then more recent doping came to light

watching the news from Gaza the last week was a wake up call as to how infiltrating elite sport normalises regimes like UAE, Bahrain, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Israel etc
we remember how rotten the pay masters are but routinely mention their names in passing simply as sponsors, hosts or team owners because other than quitting following elite sport we can't do anything about it.
when the Giro was in Israel a few years back I refused to watch those 3 stages but otherwise I've just tolerated it
did you see the statement from the Israel team the other day when they won the Giro stage?

absolutely fucking cunts.

as far as that Israel propaganda goes either have begin to have empathy for everyone regardless of ethnic background or they should shut the hell up.
Hamas have also let the Palestinians down again and again.

there are only a certain amount (20) big teams and a lot of them have vile sponsors and the riders aren't in much position to criticize sponsors with so few employment options.

One of things I love seeing in the cycling is all the landscapes they are cycling through, the helicopter shots are fuckin class, so in fairness I would have loved to see the 3 Giro stages in Israel to watch them cycling through a desert haha. Then again, can always just watch the Vuelta for that.

One of things I love seeing in the cycling is all the landscapes they are cycling through, the helicopter shots are fuckin class, so in fairness I would have loved to see the 3 Giro stages in Israel to watch them cycling through a desert haha. Then again, can always just watch the Vuelta for that.

today's stage was great despite the freezing wind and rain - too many things going on to mention.
but at 12 km to go there was one thing I will mention - you won't believe what happens to Pieter Serry -
- just unbelievable.

remember at an intermediate sprint in a Giro stage in Israel where a woman was flashing her chest and her pal was beside her laughing her head off ? that I did see afterwards.

I agree with you - Hamas are playing right into Netanyahu's hands at the moment- a disaster.

the former incident is much more serious as the absolute careless of the Bike Exchange car driver was the worst I've ever seen. not the worst accident but certainly the most careless and avoidable.

Serry is a rider I respect a lot, he's been slogging his guts out for Quickstep's stars for years - one of the most unselfish riders in the peleton.

as far as banning Bouhanni goes, this sets the precedent that if you cause an accident in a sprint and someone is badly injured you will be banned.
sometimes accidents are just accidents.
we've all seen much more dangerous things than Groenewegen v Jakobsen where merciifully no one was hurt or pile ups where no one was sanctioned.

I'd imagine the banning thing wouldn't actually be used that much, except in obvious cases of riders doing bullshit things. I think most crashes are just accidents from things like wet roads and narrow corners.
Probably they're trying to make sprints safer so that they don't end up in crashes, because it makes the sport look bad when that happens.

I'd imagine the banning thing wouldn't actually be used that much, except in obvious cases of riders doing bullshit things. I think most crashes are just accidents from things like wet roads and narrow corners.
Probably they're trying to make sprints safer so that they don't end up in crashes, because it makes the sport look bad when that happens.
yeah that sounds fairly accurate but if the internet mob demand sanctions then that's a factor too, so popularity can come into it.

I think Bouhanni has being singled out for a long time and there is a witch hunt that is fuelling racism against him.
until a sprint in Paris Nice in 2016 where Bouhanni was correctly DQed for dangerous sprinting which almost caused Michael Matthews to crash I'd never seen him do anything out of order but a lot of people hated him even before then.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bouhanni knew what he was doing - no defence that time.

but what happened to Jake Stewart (FDJ) was not comparable and IMO you couldn't say it was deliberate anymore than many other incidents.

YES - Bouhanni deserved to be disqualified in Cholet. it was dangerous but to say this was 'deliberate' is
a big step and I think unfair.
it seems if a load of people complain or if the sport looks bad they do something otherwise - nah, no ban.

here is the finish of the 2015 French Champs. Bouhanni (Cofidis) is taken out by an FDJ rider when he was set to win the national title at the peak of his career.

the commentary is a few seconds out of sync ahead of the pictures.
wreckless but not deliberate sprinting by Anthony Roux similar to Ackermann last year in Scheldeprijs.
Roux was DQ but no ban.
in the Tour afterwards Bouhanni already messed up from this crash came down in several more peloton crashes (none of which were his fault) and had to quit in the first week.

in 2017 Arnaud Demare went fairly sideways in a sprint in the French Champs to beat Bouhanni.
it was just about legal under strict sprinting rules and the result stood.

maybe the biggest pile up I've ever seen in a sprint was in the Tour de Suisse in 2010. there was a protest against Cavendish the next day. Arnaud Coyot broke his hip in this crash. video ends @1:40

strangely the you tube comments don't really blame Cav!!
unbelievably Cavendish was allowed start the following stage and was only fined 200 Francs. WTF?
see stage 5 report:

I am mentally unable to deal with hypocrisy in case you can't tell.

PS: Arnaud Coyot died in a car accident in 2013. never knew that until just now....

Cavendish was always a cunt, and was always pulling that kind of shit.
most of the dangerous stuff Cav did was early in his career especially up to that sprint in Switzerland.
he seemed to be a bit more careful after that but he was an awful hypocrite blaming riders for causing him to crash when he wouldn't take responsibility for his own dangerous sprints.
not a popular rider in the peloton Cav.

last two breakaways got caught with 400 metres left poor guys. the uphill gravel blew the race to bits in a mile or so.
since the success of Strade Bianchi since the late 2000's which reintroduced white gravel roads (which were often used for cycle racing before the war in Italy) gravel roads have been used a few times. as far as the Tour goes I think gravel roads were used but I can't remember a summit finish ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back