Tour de France 2007 thread (2 Viewers)

i recall maybe tour de france 1999 that jeroen blijevens sought out bobby jullich after the final stage. he was disqualified.

cyclingnews reported today that deignan in his irish independent piece was saying the previous day, joaquim rodriquez hit him but he restrained himself.
i guess something is that if it happens more often, it isn't caught on camera more and what stood out here was it was in the breakaway rather than the bunch.

watched slaying the badger the other night. going by its reputation i'd assumed it had been made many years ago, seemed to be touted as an established classic.

the Italians are really covering themselves in glory this week. First, a lad wins the first stage/yellow jersey in the Ras, gets fucked out the next day for holding onto cars, then sends a racist tweet about Irish people smelling like shit and sheep.

Then that incident today where Richie Porte took a wheel off Simon Clarke when he got a puncture in an amazing show of sportsmanship. Both get penalised 2 minutes and Porte is effectively out of contention.

All this while Astana rip the field up like fuckers charged to the absolute gills (cos they are). You have Paolo Tiralongo, 36 years of age, storm to a stage win like hes on a motorbike. You have Fabio Aru taking legal action against Greg Henderson cos he called him out for being a doping prick (which he is).

What a spectacularly fucking wretched sport cycling is.

check out chris juul-jensen on twitter. Hes one funny fucker.

I'd post his tweet about P-R here except I don't know how.

CJJ is from wicklow and finished last in P-R on sunday.

3 mins 55 into this, short but amazing interview with Chris JJ

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

hes a gas

Edit: worth watching that whole video actually.

the Italians are really covering themselves in glory this week. First, a lad wins the first stage/yellow jersey in the Ras, gets fucked out the next day for holding onto cars, then sends a racist tweet about Irish people smelling like shit and sheep.

Then that incident today where Richie Porte took a wheel off Simon Clarke when he got a puncture in an amazing show of sportsmanship. Both get penalised 2 minutes and Porte is effectively out of contention.

All this while Astana rip the field up like fuckers charged to the absolute gills (cos they are). You have Paolo Tiralongo, 36 years of age, storm to a stage win like hes on a motorbike. You have Fabio Aru taking legal action against Greg Henderson cos he called him out for being a doping prick (which he is).

What a spectacularly fucking wretched sport cycling is.

and that is the astana b team :(
a theory being that astana are ripping the legs apart to tire contador out for the tour de france so that the intention be that they may not win the giro (of course for their perspective, winning the giro would be good but not the main goal), but they will make contador be too tired going into the tour.

Chris J.J. is hilarious alright.

Astana are going up hills like a Ferrari - just what the doctor ordered !

Sam Bennett twice outsprinted Bouhanni and Degenkolb in uphill
sprints in Bayern Runfahrt - impressive viewing.

and that is the astana b team :(
a theory being that astana are ripping the legs apart to tire contador out for the tour de france so that the intention be that they may not win the giro (of course for their perspective, winning the giro would be good but not the main goal), but they will make contador be too tired going into the tour.

hmmm, I hadn't considered that. Contador looks to have a motor in his bike (rather than drugs in his system). He looks like he's not breaking a sweat.

Today will be interesting. Twitter is gas this morning

meanwhile Contador and co will saunter up without a bother on them.

The last time Contador tried the Giro-Tour double he won the Giro at his ease. He was well and truly nackered by the time the Tour came around though.

Will be interesting to see but it doesn't look to me that Astana are putting him in too much bother. Especially not now with the time cushion he has over Aru.

hmmm, I hadn't considered that. Contador looks to have a motor in his bike (rather than drugs in his system). He looks like he's not breaking a sweat.

Today will be interesting. Twitter is gas this morning

meanwhile Contador and co will saunter up without a bother on them.

The last time Contador tried the Giro-Tour double he won the Giro at his ease. He was well and truly nackered by the time the Tour came around though.

Will be interesting to see but it doesn't look to me that Astana are putting him in too much bother. Especially not now with the time cushion he has over Aru.

yes, landa was just riding away from contador and kruswijk at the end of todays stage, though he had done no work previous but contador looked tired despite kruswijk doing all the pulling it seemed on the mortirolo.

todays stage reminded me of the 2012 vuelta stage to fante de where joaquim rodriquez had just cracked under the pressure of contador.

that was 2011 when contador finished 5th in the tour that cadel evans won, thomas voeckleur was 4th. yes, contador did show the strain then.

I thought they put in too big a shift at the front reeling in the break. Dani got boxed in then and when that AG2R prick went he couldn't follow till it was too late. More bad luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back