top premiership spenders (1 Viewer)

I was surprised to see man ure have a lower net spend than the pool but i suppose they have recouped quite a bit selling for big fees where as pool get fuck all when they sell. I'd guess owen is the most expensive at £8m, anyone think of someone more expensive?

£11m Fowler to Leeds. How much they got of that is debatable.

I saw something like this done before and it's correct: utd have spent less net than pool, mostly through recouping big sums for players (becks, stam, mikel, rvn, cole..) and pool buying shitloads of lads under different managers, and routinely flogging them off for next to nothing in a firesale a few years later.

Liverpool fans in denial shocker!!!!

an age ago i saw (on a liverpool website) the total list of players that benitez alone has bought and sold. He has made an absolute fuckload of small signings for a million or two.

question it all you like, but liverpool have spent a shitload of money. and the fact that all you pool fans are questioning it is comical, can you not accept that you have spent a lot and are no nearer to winning the league ? I would like to see the figures broken down further because manu would have definetly made more on the sales of players i would think. This would bring uniteds spending to probably more then liverpools but and the end its the net value thats important.

One question though, why does benitez appear to be getting shitter the more money he spends ? He won the champions league with a team consisting of 2 or 3 of his own signings.

Also do you think the loss of paco is affecting tactics etc this season ?

Liverpool fans in denial shocker!!!!

an age ago i saw (on a liverpool website) the total list of players that benitez alone has bought and sold. He has made an absolute fuckload of small signings for a million or two.

question it all you like, but liverpool have spent a shitload of money. and the fact that all you pool fans are questioning it is comical, can you not accept that you have spent a lot and are no nearer to winning the league ? I would like to see the figures broken down further because manu would have definetly made more on the sales of players i would think. This would bring uniteds spending to probably more then liverpools but and the end its the net value thats important.

One question though, why does benitez appear to be getting shitter the more money he spends ? He won the champions league with a team consisting of 2 or 3 of his own signings.

Also do you think the loss of paco is affecting tactics etc this season ?
there's no way liverpool have spent more than united, this is the net spend, after sales too. united have also made a lot more on sales. 17 mil for becks, 16 for stam, 14 for veron, etc. still you spend big, you're more likely to sell big. unless it's djibrill cisse, of course.

Man Utd never spend the amount that is the price stated it is always loaded with conditions like prem and camp league titles international caps.

Carrick for instance Spurs only recieved €10m fee and the other €8m is on condition of titles they win over his contract.

As far as I know leeds nerver got the €30m or there abouts for Rio it was closer to €20m and they are still paying for Rooney.

So this may change the figures a bit

so i guess liverpool must pay all the cash up front for all their players! There is no denying that manu have spent more and have recouped more, but its still pretty eye-opening all the same.

It doesnt shock me to see how high liverpool/manu are but its fucking nuts to see how much newcastle and spurs have spend and gotten fuck all for it. At least manu and liverpool consistently get into europe and have won trophies. newcastle and spurs have virtually nothing to show for all the money that was spent

True about the outlays of Newcastle and Spurs against zero return but Liverpool fans are always very quick to defend their club to the extent it makes them blind.

I fond this on a liverpools stats site

Houllier's transfer dealings In total, he bought 39 players for £110m and sold 47 for £54m.

Face it the pool spent hell of a lot of money I don't thik the figures are made up they might not be 100% but I would say it is close.

Also about the Gunners a lot of the players they bought are undisclosed fees

True about the outlays of Newcastle and Spurs against zero return but Liverpool fans are always very quick to defend their club to the extent it makes them blind.

I fond this on a liverpools stats site

Houllier's transfer dealings In total, he bought 39 players for £110m and sold 47 for £54m.

Face it the pool spent hell of a lot of money I don't thik the figures are made up they might not be 100% but I would say it is close.

Also about the Gunners a lot of the players they bought are undisclosed fees
so that's a net of 56 mil over 6 years = less than 10 mil net a year. is that it?

I fond this in an a story about Terry signing his new deal earlier this season

1 John Terry Chelsea £135,000 a week

2= Andriy Shevchenko Chelsea

2= Michael Ballack Chelsea £121,000

4 Steven Gerrard Liverpool £120,000

5 Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd £119,000

6= Wayne Rooney Man Utd
6= Michael Owen Newcastle £110,000

8= Frank Lampard Chelsea
8= Rio Ferdinand Man Utd £100,000

10= Fernando Torres Liverpool
10= Didier Drogba Chelsea £90,000

12= Jamie Carragher Liverpool
12= Michael Essien Chelsea
12= Kieron Dyer Newcastle £80,000

I fond this in an a story about Terry signing his new deal earlier this season

1 John Terry Chelsea £135,000 a week

2= Andriy Shevchenko Chelsea

2= Michael Ballack Chelsea £121,000

4 Steven Gerrard Liverpool £120,000

5 Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd £119,000

6= Wayne Rooney Man Utd
6= Michael Owen Newcastle £110,000

8= Frank Lampard Chelsea
8= Rio Ferdinand Man Utd £100,000

10= Fernando Torres Liverpool
10= Didier Drogba Chelsea £90,000

12= Jamie Carragher Liverpool
12= Michael Essien Chelsea
12= Kieron Dyer Newcastle £80,000
newcastle really are thick as fuck if they're still paying keirons wages.

newcastle really are thick as fuck if they're still paying keirons wages.

they just hired a man who admittingly has not been to a game of football in over 2 years as manager and an angry midget with the footballing smarts of a bowl of cornflakes....i think dyers wages are the least of their worries !

i was surprised when you said united had less than the pool
i never said the pools spend was small , never in a million years

what i am doubting is your net spend for united

who have they sold , we named loads of their expensive buys
you named 3 who you sold for 50 , where is the other hundreds of mill
coming from ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back