Top 30 songs played on Irish radio in 2011 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 74
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 5
News just in..due to a bogey browser johnnystress is changing his name to johnnytwotimes

The only independent act I know of that gets significant radio play beyond the ghettos of certain shows and Phantom FM is Republic Of Loose. They get drive-time, prime-time, whateveryoucallit, play, on a regular basis, moreso when they've got a charting song. They're the only example I can think of though.

Used to be the front man for The Blizzards, who I guess were sort of like the culchie Coronas, I haven't heard any of his solo material but I didn't like them at all.

He also played rugby for Leinster (think maybe juniors).

Typically to get mainstream play on Irish radio you have to be signed to a foreign label. Our music radio, our music industry is just a sad colonial adjunct to the Anglo-American industry. Also fuck facebook.

Was at my sister-in-laws around christmas last year and that Maroon 5 song came on the radio. The song was turned up and everyone (kids included) was bopping along. Whats this? says I. No answer. Who sings this song? I say again. They thought I was being all cool and stuff, pretending not to know the song.

I had a similar incident in work. Someone was organising music clips for our yearly conference, and I had the job of editing said selected tunes down to a 20 second clip.

I was given the move like jagger song to edit, and I remarked that I had never heard of it. I think I would have got a less filthy look if I had shat on the floor there and then.

Move Like Jagger is awesome though

Mooooooooooooovveeee Like Jagggggger..deadly!

Its a great tune Moose man..let yourself love it

I saw an article that described Maroon 5 as 'spiky haired punks'... needless to say I got sick on the spot

So, seeing as I don't know any of those songs does that make me old? Cool? Uncool? out of touch? I don't even know the three Irish acts mentioned. I've seen posters for the script but had no idea they were "flying the flag for ireland"

do phantom have any shows showcasing new music, or music that would not make it on to their usual playlists?
for example - i've never heard spook of the 13th lock played on phantom, despite the single being an excellent choice for indie radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back