Toots & The Maytals (1 Viewer)

PiperX

Great old reggae/ska band playing in the Tripod tonight (Monday 14th July) ...should be deadly.|..|

it's very much sold out, as I discoverd on saturday.

and I can't make it tomorrow :(

my own stupid fault

it's very much sold out, as I discoverd on saturday.

and I can't make it tomorrow :(

my own stupid fault

One of the lads got a ticket an hour ago in the Sound Cellar, (after being told by ticket master that it was sold out since last week). They might have a few left.

I heard they only turned up in Galway at 10:30pm last night... the doors for the show were supposed to open at 8pm. Something about the size/style of the bus they were supposed to be travelling in did not suit them and they refused they get on it so somebody had to organise a new one for them.

I heard they only turned up in Galway at 10:30pm last night... the doors for the show were supposed to open at 8pm. Something about the size/style of the bus they were supposed to be travelling in did not suit them and they refused they get on it so somebody had to organise a new one for them.

Tickets were 55 euro for galway gig. Way too much. Apparently they were looking for a crazy guarantee

Was a deadly gig last night. Full house too, which is great to see on a Monday night. The sound in the Tripod though was pretty bad though at times. They really need to get it sorted out.
Apart from that, great night all round.

Ahh I didn't think much of the gig (Monday). The sound was crap and Toots couldn't sing as his voice was shot to hell. I don't think he sang the verses for any songs at all! My mate left after about three songs he was so disgusted!!

Plus the way every fucking song got all fast at the end was a load of bollox. Oh and way too much audience participation shite and all!!!

Toots just wasn't on form. I heard him talking to Ray Darcy on the radio this morning and he sounded dreadful. He's got a cold and that's why his voice has gone. He's also just done six weeks of a tour I can only imagine what tonight's show will be like.

I've seen Toots and the Maytals a few times now and prior to last nights show, every other time they have been fantastic....

So how did tonight (Tuesday) go then.. anybody..?

I got a ticket for my Da for his birthday. Im sure he'll tell me how shite the sound was when I call him tomorrow.

I love Toots & The Maytals but I'd never go see them especially for that price.

Ahh I didn't think much of the gig (Monday). The sound was crap and Toots couldn't sing as his voice was shot to hell. I don't think he sang the verses for any songs at all! My mate left after about three songs he was so disgusted!!

Plus the way every fucking song got all fast at the end was a load of bollox. Oh and way too much audience participation shite and all!!!

Toots just wasn't on form. I heard him talking to Ray Darcy on the radio this morning and he sounded dreadful. He's got a cold and that's why his voice has gone. He's also just done six weeks of a tour I can only imagine what tonight's show will be like.

I've seen Toots and the Maytals a few times now and prior to last nights show, every other time they have been fantastic....

So how did tonight (Tuesday) go then.. anybody..?

Cmon now danny did ya put yer hands in the air...like ya just dont care?

I did, and was lov'in it.....the few pints of cider beforehand made me do it though.....honest:rolleyes:

I did a wee bit of Whoa-Ohs and all myself but jebus was it necessary for every song? :)

I'm sure the vast majority of people at the gig had a blast, I was just a bit peeved as I was really looking forward to it and for a change the band and Toots just weren't up to scratch...

Toots and The Maytals are still fucking legends though ::clef::

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back