Tony Blair vs Ireland (1 Viewer)

Simon Cox banged in a couple last night too. And Lee Trundle's still going, isn't he? I scored a couple last night too. I think we're covered.

Ps - you know how many goals Fletcher's scored for Scotland in 17 appearances?

One week to go - can't wait!

I didn't til I looked it up just now.. Expected he'd have more than that, not claiming he's a great player by any means but he does go through some prolific patches. In fairness Scotland had a few pretty dire campaigns before Strachan turned up, probably wasn't getting much in the way of service. Shane Long by comparison has 11 in 49, though only one of those was in a competitive game. I had a weird dream a few nights back part of which involved watching Ireland vs Northern Ireland in the Euro quarter finals, make of that what you will..

Looking forward to seeing O'Shea, Coleman, Gibson, McCarthy, and McGeady all pick up injuries tomorrow.

That's the spirit. Gibson may well start as well, as Barry got a knock yesterday. He's hoping he does start, plays a blinder and has no problems.

Unfortunately the details were hazy, beyond the two teams taking part I can't remember anything else.. If it was anything like the last couple of games between us and the North, I'd imagine football was the real winner.

Couple of very confident finishes from Long today, great to see.. Hendrick got 2 against Wolves also. McCarthy was apparently the standout performer for Everton against Lille during the week, nice wave of form for some key players going into next week.

I saw the game from the point Long came on around 60 mins- he was dropped and had a point to prove, and he was fucking great. Two inches from a hat trick.
McGeady also played a blinder against Lille.

Yeah, Wilson off with a hamstring problem, he's probably crocked for Friday then.
McCarthy played the whole match for Everton, so hopefully he's okay, you would think he would have come off if he had a real problem.
Good news is that Gareth Barry looks to have broken a leg (who would have thought it, an Everton player breaking a leg) which means Darwins Gibbon could get an extended run in the first team.
Walters got a goal for Stoke too, WALTERS FOR IRELAND

The Wilson thing has us fucked, maybe we can call Richard Dunne up

Gaz Baz broke a leg? He wasn't half a week late for a knee high tackle on someone, was he?

Poor Gaz.

Finalized Ireland squad - David McGoldrick of Ipswich and Cyrus Christie of Derby get a first callup, presumably to feature in the USA game:

Code:
GK

David Forde
Shay Given
Rob Elliot
Darren Randolph

DF

Richard Keogh
Seamus Coleman
Cyrus Christie
John O’Shea
Alex Pearce
Ciaran Clark
Stephen Ward

MF

James McCarthy
Jeff Hendrick
Darron Gibson
Aiden McGeady
Anthony Pilkington
James McClean
Robbie Brady
Stephen Quinn
David Meyler

FW

Robbie Keane
Shane Long
Daryl Murphy
David McGoldrick
Jon Walters
Kevin Doyle
Anthony Stokes

The call ups are good, Christie as cover for Coleman and McGoldrick a future Irish star like his uncle Eddie.

Who do you reckon will start in place of Wilson? Delaney can kiss goodbye to another Irish cap by the looks of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back