Tom Petty (1 Viewer)

Carlito

He's an artist I've always felt I should take the time to get to know. Anybody have a recommendation on where to start?

All I have is a 2 CD best of called Anthology through the years. The dude can write songs.

Damn the torpedoes & Full moon fever would be safe bets I'd say.

Full Moon Fever and Into the great Wide Open are excellent but probably worth getting an anthology and going to the albums of the stand outs from there. Man's a genius songwriter, one of my all time faves.

Big love to my man Vincent Hanley for getting me into this genius.

[video=dailymotion;x28ksd]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28ksd_tom-petty-dont-come-around-here-no_music[/video]

he's such a rip off though

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Was looking at getting his stuff myself, thanks to Radio Nova for playing more of his stuff. Will check out the recommendations.

I heard Breakdown on the radio a few weeks ago and remembered what I great song it was. Then heard American Girl in a shop and thought the same. Grabbed some best-of compilation and have been listening to it a fair bit over the last few weeks. Some great stuff but get's increasingly dodgy as time goes on. My six year old daughter is mad into it though. I put on AC/DC the other day and she made me turn it off saying that Tom Petty is much better.

Going to be down in Cork on Friday night ... I do have the urge to go and see him .....

The early stuff is great. I still think of Full Moon Fever as his 'new' album..it's 20 years old! I think The Marquee gig is sold out but I'm sure there's be a few tickets knocking around

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back