Toluca, just outside Mexico City. (1 Viewer)

plug

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
landing there at 11pm saturday week. apparently it's a smallish city somewhere just outside mexico city. anyone flown into there? any suggestions on a place to stay?

I guess I'll be moving onto mexico city pretty quickly for a couple of days so if anyone had any accommodation suggestions, or any other reccomendations, for there that'd also be very cool.

thx! d

hey sorry, i don't have anything to add here, but could you tell us what toluca was like.

for that matter, does anyone have any recommendations for interesting places to go in Mexico? i'm thinking of going there for a couple of weeks. i'm not that much of a beach bum. maybe for a little bit, but more interested in seeing unusual things / sites / places.

well apart from the fact that apparently the largest stained glass window is there, its not supposed to be anything special. I'm only going to toluca because that's where my plane is landing. although there are supposed to be some nice mountains to visit around there...

as for recommendations, I might be writing a weblog for posterity so I can pass the link onto you if you want. that's if I'm not too lazy to set one up!

my main plan is to hit the south-west pretty sharpish; that's the yucatán peninsula. lots of beaches, cool mayan ruins etc. according to a friend it's supposed to be very nice around there. with the exception of cancún, which is a big, horrible resort by all accounts.

another good friend spent some time in chiapas, which is the south west province. there are several autonomous, zapatista controlled towns around there that you can visit. she really liked it there apparently. she did a lot of volunteering etc. there with some independent, organic coffee growers, did some work with turtles etc. fascinating stuff!

if you can't speak spanish you'd probably want to learn a bit before you go. arriba!

hey sorry, i don't have anything to add here, but could you tell us what toluca was like.

for that matter, does anyone have any recommendations for interesting places to go in Mexico? i'm thinking of going there for a couple of weeks. i'm not that much of a beach bum. maybe for a little bit, but more interested in seeing unusual things / sites / places.
this is kinda late but yeah, spent about a month around the south of mexico... it's a pretty deadly spot. if you're not much of a beach bum, then you might want to avoid the yucatan peninsula on the carribean side, because, well that's where the beaches are at! and it's a little bit more $$$ than chiapas, the south west highlands. chiapas is very interesting, stayed for about a week in this place called san cristóbal de las casas, which is an old spanish colonial town up in the mountains. it's surrounded by several autonomous zapatista and maya towns and villages; some which you can visit. went on a pretty amazing tour up into two mayan villages there.

to tell the truth the chiapas province is much more like guatemala than whatever other parts of mexico I've seen, and if you ever considered going to mexico, I'd highly reccomend, nae, insist that you check out at least a bit of guatemala as well. it's easy to cross back and forth between either country at several points. culturally it's a fascinating place, and there are a million things to do and see. mayan ruins, volcanoes, jungles, lakes etc. etc. and depending on where you are, it's quite a bit cheaper than mexico too. amazing place.

if you have any questions just ask and I'll see if I can answer them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back