Tinnitus (2 Viewers)

i saw the asuza plane one time. it's not surprising that his hearing was affected. i forgot to bring ear plugs myself and ended up stuffing toilet paper in my ears and standing right down the back. he was up there on stage right in front of the amps. i remember posting about it on a mailing list and, saying that it was just so deafeningly loud that it was hard to enjoy. i recall getting various responses from people saying how they love extreme loudness, and a response from the man himself to the effect of "thanks a lot for your review" - which i took as sarcasm. i have mixed feelings about loud shows; for instance, the last time i saw mbv was amazing, but helped by the fact that i had good ear plugs in. for that matter, i didn't think much of the azusa plane for all their hype. was sad for the guy when he died all the same.

I think so. Tinnitus can be due to damage to the ear or in the brain itself, so all frequencies are technically available to it to annoy you with, it just tends to be high frequency because that's the range most easily damaged in the ear itself.

I'm trying to write a grant for COVID-19 research that's due tomorrow but I can scour the literature for you once it's in if you like?

I'm pretty sure I have low frequency tinnitus, I get bassy thumps in my ears every so often.

I’m just curious. Sort of like a faint subwoofer rumbling? It complements the ringing nicely.

I think so. Tinnitus can be due to damage to the ear or in the brain itself, so all frequencies are technically available to it to annoy you with, it just tends to be high frequency because that's the range most easily damaged in the ear itself.

I can send you my brain xrays if that helps.

I can send you my brain xrays if that helps.

homers-xray-brain.jpg

I would imagine low frequency tinnitus is possible, especially as we don't notice when lower frequencies might be loud enough to damage the ears anywhere nearly as quickly as we'll notice it with higher frequencies, but I'd also imagine that it would be quite difficult to get the low frequency kind without some accompanying high frequency kind as (so far as I know) the higher frequency hairs receiving sound in the ear are naturally meant to be more sensitive than the ones attuned to lower frequencies. Or something. What I do know for sure is that my ears are getting blocked up by impacted wax again.

I would imagine low frequency tinnitus is possible, especially as we don't notice when lower frequencies might be loud enough to damage the ears anywhere nearly as quickly as we'll notice it with higher frequencies, but I'd also imagine that it would be quite difficult to get the low frequency kind without some accompanying high frequency kind as (so far as I know) the higher frequency hairs receiving sound in the ear are naturally meant to be more sensitive than the ones attuned to lower frequencies. Or something. What I do know for sure is that my ears are getting blocked up by impacted wax again.

I'd presume the damage happens same way as any other type but the symptoms manifest differently.

I'd presume the damage happens same way as any other type but the symptoms manifest differently.
There are lots of different types of tinnitus, not all of it is due to damage in the ear from loud noises. It can be induced by aspirin, it can be due to a stroke, it can be due to a migraine or epilepsy, regular aging, etc. A bit like a runny nose could hayfever, the cold, or COVID-19.

There are lots of different types of tinnitus, not all of it is due to damage in the ear from loud noises. It can be induced by aspirin, it can be due to a stroke, it can be due to a migraine or epilepsy, regular aging, etc. A bit like a runny nose could hayfever, the cold, or COVID-19.

I rarely take aspirin, never had a stroke, migraines or epilepsy and I'm only 40. Been around a lot of loud noises and music so I reckon mine is probably caused by loud noises. It comes fairly sporadically (as long as I wear plugs) and 80% of the time it's low throbbing which has got lower recently almost subby. The usual high pitched comes the other 20% of the time.

You could potentially have some impacted wax too, it mostly gives this low freq. uncomfortable feeling, aside from when there's loads of it blocking up the whole ear, which is what I get building up over time. Impacted wax can get cleaned out pretty easy by an ear doctor, I have to take ear drops leading up to that to make sure it softens up because mine gets so packed irrigation doesn't work straight off

Been to the doctor about it and no wax build up. I'll get a second opinion at some point.

I rarely take aspirin, never had a stroke, migraines or epilepsy and I'm only 40. Been around a lot of loud noises and music so I reckon mine is probably caused by loud noises. It comes fairly sporadically (as long as I wear plugs) and 80% of the time it's low throbbing which has got lower recently almost subby. The usual high pitched comes the other 20% of the time.
It's usually noise but my point was the damage can come about in a lot of different ways and isn't even going to be in the ear necessarily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back