Tinnitus (1 Viewer)

last time i got my ears tested i was told that every time i go to a loud gig and come home with a ringing in my ears that signifies my hearing getting a little worse. i came back from tour once and my ears rang for a couple of weeks. the thought of it staying forever scared the shite ot of me. it drives some people insane apparently. always wear earplugs since then.

I have been getting it quite bad over the last while. I might get some of those custom made ear plugs done. It's worth the money I reckon.

Got acupuncture a while back and it killed the pain/ringing for a while, I'd recommend it.

But then I managed to blow my left year pretty bad last Friday at practice, that'll teach me to not wear ear plugs. It was really fucking painful all day Saturday but in saying that the ringing wasn't too bad at all which was probably due to the acupuncture.

I use acupuncture for certain things but wasn't aware they treated tinnitus with it? Out of interest, what sort of needle positioning do they use to treat it?

Got acupuncture a while back and it killed the pain/ringing for a while, I'd recommend it.

But then I managed to blow my left year pretty bad last Friday at practice, that'll teach me to not wear ear plugs. It was really fucking painful all day Saturday but in saying that the ringing wasn't too bad.

I use acupuncture for certain things but wasn't aware they treated tinnitus with it? Out of interest, what sort of needle positioning do they use to treat it?

Liver, one in the foot(between the toes) and one behind the ear. I think it does more to stop the ringing then to actually fix your hearing.

I've had it for years - I have TMJ disdorder wehich means my jaw is fucked up, which means I grind my teeth, get a sore face and I have tinnitus in one ear. You get bad weeks and good weeks. Sometimes I forget it's there.

Stress seems to make it worse, probably because I grind my teeth/clench my jaw more.

Taking loads of yokes doesn't help either.

I've had it for years - I have TMJ disdorder wehich means my jaw is fucked up, which means I grind my teeth, get a sore face and I have tinnitus in one ear. You get bad weeks and good weeks. Sometimes I forget it's there.

Stress seems to make it worse, probably because I grind my teeth/clench my jaw more.

Taking loads of yokes doesn't help either.

ha ha

i have the slightly more expensive ones. wonder what the difference is. they're deadly alright.

I have both. Thought I'd lost the more expensive ones(same as yours) but then they turned up way later. There's no difference in the rubber part but with the cheap ones you get a choice of dB cut inserts which is a wee plastic thing. The stronger of the inserts is the same rating as the dearer ones but is way smaller sizewise. Does that make any sense? If not I'll show ya sometime.

I use the weaker ones from the cheap set most of the time myself, nicer/clearer sound I find.

Would those earplugs on Thomann be worth it so? I've been getting by on free ones from the Wire mag. Nothing special at all. And I forget them most gigs because they're rubbish.

Would those earplugs on Thomann be worth it so? I've been getting by on free ones from the Wire mag. Nothing special at all. And I forget them most gigs because they're rubbish.

yeah, i'd recommend them. are the free ones you're getting foam? if they are you'll notice a huuuuuuuuggggggge difference.

yeah, i'd recommend them. are the free ones you're getting foam? if they are you'll notice a huuuuuuuuggggggge difference.

Yup, they're foam. Do these ones meld into your eye shape eventually? That was one thing I was worried about them, that they'd never quite fit. I really do need a pair of these..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back