Tinnitus Trials (1 Viewer)

chris d

Supporter
At James'

Anyone involved in this? Running until November. I am guessing I have a bit, there is an underlying white noise in my head, but it is only noticeable at night in bed.

The Trial | Tinnitus Trials

'Tinnitus is no longer my enemy' - Independent.ie

On a similar note. Any recommendations on ear plugs? My current ones are years old and I don't think they are doing much a this stage.

Get the moulded ones Chris. There's a guy in Crumlin (I think) that most of my Dublin pals have gone to but I went to a Hidden Hearing shop for mine. €120 about 5 years ago. Still going strong(ish). Best investment ever.

Cool. I went off interneting after posting this, have emailed hearing.ie on capel street.

I got a present from herself of my moulded earplugs from Frank Cass in Kimmage back before our first tour of the US, back in 2002, I think. Still have the same pair to this date, best present I ever did get. Skanky looking things now 8)

Mine are Elacin er15's and were circa 200, I think they're still about that. No idea how they compare quality wise to the slightly cheaper ones, but I couldn't fault them at all. I panic if I'm at a gig and can't find them.

I remember Frank looking in my ears, seeing scarring on the ear drum and going "oh boy...". Told him I didn't want to know how bad it was, just stop it getting worse! And he did!

Do you use the fancy ones just for attending the odd gig as well as for playing gigs, going on tour and generally having a noise-filled rock n roll lifestyle? Sure I suppose if you have them you might as well use them. I used to have quite bad tinnitus but it's not so bad now that I no longer play gigs at all and go to fuck all of them. I stick in €1 foam ones - might as well not bother going to see anyone

I use them anywhere there's loud music that I can't control the volume of. Sometimes even in the pub, handy byproduct is they seem to cut out white and reflected noise, makes conversation a whole lot easier.

I got the er26 variety. I've even used them in the cinema.
If they are not in my pocket or my ears I have a fucking freakout!
Dudley is right about the byproduct. Another one is that at gigs you'll still hear the band but not the pricks having a chat beside you.

Hearos. I use them cos I live beside a train station which has trains running all night. Sleep like a baby.

Ultimate Softness Series
I used to live right beside the train line in Maynooth, I loved the sound of the train when I was in bed. Especially in the morning when I knew it was full of people going to work early and I didn’t have anywhere to go.

I used earplugs always from when I was 20, but stopped bothering a few years ago - I go to hardly any gigs (which aren't as loud as they used to be anyway afaics) anymore, and tbh a gig without them is way more enjoyable. Tinnitus started to become noticeable again in the last few months since I started going to acoustic nights in my local, might have to re-think

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back