Tindersticks 21st Anniversary Concert: Vicar St in October (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Nice one!

Tindersticks
21st Anniversary Concert
Vicar Street,
Thurs Oct 24th
Doors 7.30pm.

Tickets on sale Friday March 8th @ 9am priced €33.50 (including booking fee) from www.ticketmaster.ie & Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

http://www.vicarstreet.com/componen...ks-21st-anniversary-concert-vicar-street.html

Tindersticks are 21 this year, 20 years since the release of their groundbreaking first album.

"...Tindersticks is sprawling, ambitious, faltering, brilliant, romantic, spontaneous, spooky, flawed and delightful. About f**king time." - MELODY MAKER, ALBUM OF THE YEAR 1993

Along the way they have made 8 more studio albums, music for film, museums, fashion shows, installations, they have toured the world, played with various orchestras, dueted and collaborated with many great singers and musicians, lost their mojo, split up, rearranged, reformed, found their mojo and in 2012 made what they , and many others , consider to their finest album:

The something rain.

2013 will see the release and tour of ‘Across six leap years’ a retrospective recording session and album and a tour of Europe’s capital cities upon its release in October.

The year will also see ‘Les Salauds’ a new soundtrack work for the renowned film director Claire Denis.

Stuart A. Staples, the bands singer/writer will also release the book ‘Singing Skies’ with his wife, painter, Suzanne Osborne. A collaboration featuring her work from ‘A year in small paintings’ and the first time Stuart’s songs have been written down.

Other exciting special releases, events and appearances are also being planned to mark this anniversary year.

Great news. I haven't seen them since before they had their big line up change a few years ago. Will need to pick up the last album too at some point.

Oh man, as much as I love Tindersticks, I had one of the most miserable nights of my life (up until that point... i didn't know that there would be way more miserable nights to come!) at a show of theirs in the Olympia.

Final harrumph of a break up right before they came on stage, sat through the whole show with the person. Never talked to them again.

Funny in hindsight though. Great night!

Oh man this is tonight. Imagine I went to the show and went back in time to the night of the Olympia show. Like a miserable version of Terminator

I'd get a seat behind the younger version of myself and sit back and watch shit kick off.

That was really great. Pretty intense at times, but very beautiful too - @george mcfly, you would have been in floods.

Stuart Staples has an incredible voice - way better than I was expecting in a live setting.

And Vicar Street kindly gave us all seats, which made all the difference.

This is the first time I've seen them since the original band broke up and although it was really good, it felt more like Stuart Staples and friends than Tindersticks. Nice setlist though, cracking versions of "Show Me" and "Say Goodbye to the City" and it's always nice to hear "City Sickness".

However, I could have done without the woman behind me who sang along, very out of key for every song. Every time they started a new song she would say the same thing: "Oh my gawwwwd - oooooooooh I love this sooong!" and at the end of every song, she had to be the first to clap even if there was still a bar to go. You never got that in the Olympia.

I enjoyed this immensely. First set was nice enough but really loved the second one when they got going. Herself wouldn't be a big fan but she loved it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back