Tidal - Spotify killer, rip off - or both? (1 Viewer)

I think Lefsetz is onto something about Amazon ultimately winning the streaming war here. Amazon will rule everything eventually

Lucian Leaves Universal - Lefsetz Letter

So it comes down to Amazon, Apple and Spotify. Spotify’s the most nimble player, but it has no deep pockets, read Brad Stone’s “Everything Store” book, what Bezos does is enter your sphere, underprice you and then force you to sell. So, Spotify might end up with Amazon yet. And this could be attractive to Bezos, since it’s well-known that Daniel Ek and his company are on the cutting edge of algorithms, providing what people want to hear via machine learning. This is what Amazon specializes in, that’s how it got rid of human beings and sold more books, via algorithms. But Bezos doesn’t want to pay today’s price, he wants a more realistic valuation.

But watch out. Not only did Bezos squeeze Diapers.com, he squeezed Zappos too. And he neutered Best Buy. And don’t forget that Wal-Mart has been hurt by the Amazon revolution, it’s Jeff’s world and we just live in it.

It's really good.

But I can't get beyond how much I hate Beyonce to get into it.

Not yet anyway.

Watched it, not convinced at all. Good tunes mind you, I love the pop of Hold Up.

I'd say it'll top a lot of the album of the year polls.

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if I can tell the difference between songs streamed via Tidal Masters songs compared to the highest quality on Spotify. Not sure that I can to be honest! Have any of you nerds tried proper blind tests?

I'm trying to figure out if I can tell the difference between songs streamed via Tidal Masters songs compared to the highest quality on Spotify. Not sure that I can to be honest! Have any of you nerds tried proper blind tests?
I’ve tried flicking between HI REZZZZ!!! and CD quality on the Neil Young Archives site and I can’t hear a difference.

Hi-Res is 24 bit audio all CDs for instance are 16 bit because of the mechanical aspect of CD playback that is the speed they are spun at and the amount of information the Lazer can read. There is a definite difference to Hi Res audio but you generally don't find it around as much and I don't know how it might effect something like Neil Young who would have recorded to tape with analogue equipment to begin with ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back