Tickets When 'Guests' Must Arrive At Same Time As CC Holder (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

is MCD still banned here? anyways...

gonna try get tickets for LCD Soundsystem in Olympia later in the week. First time I've encountered something like this...

Ticket limit: Maximum 4 per person / transaction.

Please note the name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket.

If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. The lead attendee will be asked to present the credit card used for booking to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.

From anyone's experience, whats the craic if ticketholder ends up not being able to make it? Reasonably good chance I might not. Is it possible to transfer tickets to friend's name or whoever??

It was meant to be done for Radiohead but I heard in the end they stopped checking for IDs as the queues got too long - they did check at the start. I imagine that wouldn't be the case in a place like the Olympia (smaller venue).

I went to see Radiohead in the US and my ticket was only issued after my credit card was swiped at the door.

What happens if you get a brand spanking new CC in the meantime? Is it just the name they're checking or the name & last 4 digits?

Ticketmaster needs to implement a way such that the lead booker can digitally disperse tickets to other members of a party. That way they can monitor how tickets are distributed and notice patterns of touting.

LCD Soundsystem are over rated.

i think i read something in the irish times this week about ed sheeran tickets for next year, where you just need to have a copy of the credit card used to make the booking

edit:

She is right in saying that Aiken Promotions and Ticketmaster have introduced the new rules in order to make life difficult for touts – and they deserve much credit for that, Lord knows they get enough flak when tickets are sold at vastly inflated prices – but neither Ticketmaster or Aiken want to make things impossible for people in Carmel’s situation.

We contacted Ticketmaster and a spokesman said: “If you bring a copy of the credit card that was used to make the booking along to the show, that will be fine.”

Ed Sheeran: panic over unwanted concert tickets has started

i think i read something in the irish times this week about ed sheeran tickets for next year, where you just need to have a copy of the credit card used to make the booking

I looked that up as I bought tickets for my sister as a birthday present (RIP my ticket alert e-mails not being annoying in future) and it was sort of framed in terms of "my mum/dad bought tickets for me what's the deal" and the official line was something like have a photocopy of the credit card used to buy the ticket and also a copy of id for yourself with matching family name.

What happens if you get a brand spanking new CC in the meantime? Is it just the name they're checking or the name & last 4 digits?

Ticketmaster needs to implement a way such that the lead booker can digitally disperse tickets to other members of a party. That way they can monitor how tickets are distributed and notice patterns of touting.

LCD Soundsystem are over rated.
Absolutely. In 2017 having to walk up to the door and show a credit card, ID and hold hands with three other people is completely bananas.

They are over rated, I agree. But the live show in a venue like this could be pretty cool. Have never seen them live before, apparently they're pretty good.

Bah they really haven't done much since they played the pod in 2010 or so but a Christmas song and a single ;)

My brother went to Radiohead and said he received a notice advising about changing names on ticket if needs be prior to it but he'd have got e-tickets so it would have to be different for physical ticket purchases.

Don't worry Dunderhead, LCD SoundSystem are great live (unless they got shit after they reformed). I'm probably alone in thinking their last album was their best as well, I had no time for them when they were just this lad ranting away about Daft Punk

yea, this whole ticketing thing is a disaster. I'm sure a solution is being worked on behind the scenes. Makes me laugh though that ticketmaster are trying to sort it out when they are part of the problem with their secondary ticket businesses.

Don't worry Dunderhead, LCD SoundSystem are great live (unless they got shit after they reformed). I'm probably alone in thinking their last album was their best as well, I had no time for them when they were just this lad ranting away about Daft Punk

They were glorious at electric picnic in 2016.
I'm certain that seeing them in the sugar club in 2004 would not have been as good.

is MCD still banned here? anyways...

gonna try get tickets for LCD Soundsystem in Olympia later in the week. First time I've encountered something like this...

Ticket limit: Maximum 4 per person / transaction.

Please note the name of the lead attendee will be printed on each ticket.

If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. The lead attendee will be asked to present the credit card used for booking to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being cancelled. There are no exceptions to this rule.

From anyone's experience, whats the craic if ticketholder ends up not being able to make it? Reasonably good chance I might not. Is it possible to transfer tickets to friend's name or whoever??

As if Seatwave aren't going to nab 95% of those tickets

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back