Thumped Kru Choonz. (1 Viewer)

This is a result of my farting around with an out-of-the-box house loop while the family were watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

You know what? It's v refreshing making up tunes outside your normal genre(s) - you can totally just follow your nose and see where it leads. Fun!

I just can't keep the smile off my face <- soundcloud link

(if anyone has an idea what genre this is please tell me so I can submit it to people ... I thought it was house but it seems what I thought was techno is actually house and this isn't that)

This is a result of my farting around with an out-of-the-box house loop while the family were watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

You know what? It's v refreshing making up tunes outside your normal genre(s) - you can totally just follow your nose and see where it leads. Fun!

I just can't keep the smile off my face <- soundcloud link

(if anyone has an idea what genre this is please tell me so I can submit it to people ... I thought it was house but it seems what I thought was techno is actually house and this isn't that)
Beat sounds like a take on House music to me - music starts like an educational kids show and gets into a Hi-NRG / Italo House sort of place in the chorus. Not that I'm any kind of authority on these things.

Fuck it, why not.
Graham Montgomery late of these parts and of the incredible Rollers / Sparkers made this, with me on drums

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Rollers / Sparkers

still one of the best album covers ever

R-15432161-1591443000-4810.jpeg.jpg

Fuck it, why not.
Graham Montgomery late of these parts and of the incredible Rollers / Sparkers made this, with me on drums

Brilliant. Exquisite music.
Took me a minute to find the one

Fuck it, why not.

that's great! has a kind of a terry riley sound to it near the end

Thanks for the very kind words dudes, I think Graham did a brilliant job. Terry Riley reference is spot on. Yeah, I can imagine the 1 is tricky enough for the first few listens. I can't hear it that way at all now, I just hear the pattern as it is. I'd really like to be hearing it for the first time and figuring it out.

Wasn't there a Weather Report covers band in Dublin years back called "Where's The 1"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back