Thumped album club (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
Comprehensive list of best albums evar for the purposes of compiling a list

for want of a better title. Partly inspired by the Ruth and Martin album reviews and party inspired by a combination of a failed attempt by @Shaney to get a book club going, and repeated requests by people for new music to listen to.

So heres what I'm thinking.

To start, we need about 15/20 people to nominate their favourite 15/20 albums of all time. We keep the vote secret and allow a month or so to decide on their final list.

Then, we compile a Thumped Top 15/20 albums list. We start a thread every week announcing one album from the list. We spend that week listening to the album, reviewing the album, pulling the piss out of each others' reviews, etc. It may be new to some people, not new to others, whatever. By the end of the experiment hopefully we'll all have spent time listening to albums we haven't heard before (or didn't give the time we otherwise might have).

If it works out, at the end of week 15/20, we can just nominate a person, they nominate an album, and the cycle continues (albeit on a slower cadence by that stage).

What yis reckon yis pricks?

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno it seems similar to what is already the thumped modus operandi plus how can anyone with the internet not be able to find new music ?

I don't really get it but count me in. How do we secretly compile this list of thumped's favorite albums? Send our votes to pete and get him to count them up?
basically, yeah, it will need to be moderated.

If @pete is up for it then great, but it doesn't have to be him. Anyone who fancies committing to it.

I'd actually suggest 2 people be involved (one in a Stokes-Kennedy-Crowley observer capacity) to ensure no fiddling goes on.

I'd be happy enough to do it, but whatever works.

How should we write the band names / album names into a single field in such a way that they will be compiled correctly? Like, if I put in "The Endless River by pink floyd" and scutter writes "pink floyd - the endless river" will it get 2 votes or will it be ruined?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back