Thread for wacky shit. (3 Viewers)

No one can convince me the file used to file your nails makes a difference to the sound of the guitar. No one. Ever.
I’m thinking more in terms of the nails affects tone,
But yeah, I guess when put like that - it’s like saying the blade that cuts the plectrum affects the tone of the plectrum

there’s a lot of voodoo though - I stand by my wire comment!

A guy I work with bought a new TV setup and was going on about the gold cables he bought as they made the HD more HD. He got really thick with me when I pointed out that as an electro chemist who uses shittier cables to do more fine tuned recordings than the electronics in a TV that he’s been swindled. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch sometimes.

i once had an argument in a hi-fi shop with the owner about CD transports. sure, i was willing to accept that spending more on a DAC could improve the sound, but he was insisting that a €1500 cd transport was better than a €400 one. a better class of ones and zeroes was basically what he was arguing.

A guy I work with bought a new TV setup and was going on about the gold cables he bought as they made the HD more HD. He got really thick with me when I pointed out that as an electro chemist who uses shittier cables to do more fine tuned recordings than the electronics in a TV that he’s been swindled. Cognitive dissonance is a bitch sometimes.
on this topic, a german colleague of mine recently bought an apartment off the plans. he paid extra for them to run a spur directly off the main bus in the car park underneath, just for his hi-fi. so he gets cleaner electricity. he's still going to use his mains conditioner on that supply, though.

i've heard his hi-fi (on his previous pair of speakers); it sounds amazing. but he now buys music which flatters his hi-fi. he looked at me aghast when i put loveless on it.

I mean i can tell what bit rate and mp3 file is, or if it's an ogg based compression or if its' been sampled from whatsapp, zoom or skype just by listening to about 5-6 seconds generally but when it comes to music I'm just never gonna care that much. I suppose it's harmless though.

"This guitar built March 8th 1960, to last until 2060"

Inside_Writing.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ever since i watched this, youtube has been suggesting stuff like this to me:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back