Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (3 Viewers)

Cheers - have just ordered immediately on reading this.
believe it or not I never owned the 4 Old 7" on an LP comp !
the postage was 45 dollars but feck it, this is a no brainer.
I always thought why don't they just reissue those early records as 7''s and finally they are doing it.

if I was in the USA I'd get the 7 SECONDS LP set too but postage doubled the price to $60

Cherry red records are tempting me again with more of those 60s & 70s compilations on the way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Very excited for this, Sunflower in particular is such an amazing album. Never cared for Pet Sounds, adore these. Plus well over a 100 unreleased tracks, jaysis....

Cherry red are lashing out the reissues. Loads of old hard rock & metal stuff as well.

Flick your Travis Bean to this...

Henry Owings of Chunklet Industries is re-releasing the first three Tar albums this August in an initial edition of 300 each...Owings is a fuckin' mensch... he's also behind the recent Pylon reissues.

Handsome (1989), Roundhouse (1990), Jackson (1991)

hopefully demand will force their hand. In addition he's released the singles comp above ^ which is already sold out [previously issued, I know]

Actually I think all three albums come in a boxset and are not released singly [yet].

"Midwest working man's [noise ]rock." Originally on Amphetamine Records then moved to Touch & Go Records. Active during the vintage era for noise rock but more melodic than their peers.

"Back in 1992, when I first saw Tar open up for The Jesus Lizard at the 9:30 Club in DC, I could never have imagined the trajectory we'd share together. During their original incarnation, after a discouraging tour of Europe, the band decided to stop touring. Eager to have them come to Georgia, I asked John Mohr what could possibly convince them to come back. "Have us play with Man...or Astro-Man?" Wait, are you serious? Y'see, Astro-Man were still in their infancy and largely a force to be reckoned with in the Southeast. So, of course, I got the Astrodorks to do two shows with Tar at the 40 Watt and Masquerade in 1994. Good times. The first "proper" 7" release on Chunklet Industries was "Feel This" by Tar and a cover of "Hell's Bells" by AC/DC on the b-side. These copies were initially given away at the first show back. And we just kept being pals. Eventually, we all started talking about doing a singles compilation. Titled 1988-1995, it was a great delight getting to release this exactly how the band wanted it. Heck, we even included hours of live Tar for download calling it "Want/Need." Now, in 2021, I'm equally proud to announce that this Friday, the preorder for "Tar Box" and their earliest releases (Handsome, Roundhouse and Jackson) will be made available to the public. I must stress, as a fan, I'm beyond delighted with how the audio, design and packaging have been 100% undeniably Tar's vision and I'm merely "The hand of progress" (as I'm credited on Jackson). For the collector dorks out there, the colored vinyl versions will only be available with the box proper and black vinyl only available for individual sale. 180g. Done right. We spared no expense. Included with the box is a certificate of authenticity signed by all members along with a Tar guitar pick. To say that I'm thrilled would be to put it mildly, but such is the story of my career." Henry Owings.

One of my favourite tracks ever, 'Deep Throw.' Goosebump-laden chorus; guitars that'll be rattling through your head for days:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back