Thread for upcoming reissues of interest (7 Viewers)

Must confess to not having a clue who Marion Brown is but this album has been popping up at me on ig, FB and other places for a few weeks now.

There he is on the front with Archie Shepp. Read a great Invisible Jukebox with Shepp recently. Tells some funny stories like the time Cecil Taylor tricked him on stage and subsequently sacked him.

Well,I ordered this,and finally downloaded the bandcamp app to my phone. Discovered I had a bunch of things on there,even though I don't recall ever creating an account,so that was a bonus. But when I listen to Jobcentre Rejects,it only tells me the name of the song,not the band. So now,if I want to know who I'm listening to I have to look elsewhere for the info. (unless of course I'm missing something really obvious).
Is that the labels fault,or is that common on bandcamp compilations?

Bandcamp has a very simple layout which makes it neat suppose you could say it is more for selling stuff and downloads than just streaming music.

I have the Guns N Wankers 7"s so luckily don't need to purchase,but what a great band. This version of the lp has all the songs from all four 7"s as opposed to the previous incomplete one.

Also,did not know it was members of the Wildhearts.

Last edited:

Some cool funky tunes on this but I don't know if I can listen to a full album of Japanese vocals. Which probably makes me some kind of racist.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really try to not want these things.

f3a225a6-f664-4e9e-b798-4b023c6d037f.jpg
10580ff8-58af-4e25-9763-d8db4e4d93ec.jpg

a3b2873e-1cba-44ba-b477-2e8c3062b94b.jpg
13b210cd-160c-4740-b440-2aba2ebd6f97.jpg
BMG & MOTÖRHEAD EMBARK ON
EXCITING LEGACY JOURNEY

DELUXE COLLECTOR’S BOX-SET 1979, AND SPECIAL 40thANNIVERSARY INDIVIDUAL DELUXE REISSUES OF
OVERKILL & BOMBER
TO BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 25th 2019

PREORDERS PLUS
WATCH A PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED,
LIVE VERSION OF ‘BOMBER’

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After several years of planning, Motörhead and BMG are delighted to announce the start of an exciting, extensive and detailed ultra-fan-friendly release programme spanning the band’s career from the 70s, ‘80’s, 90’s, and beyond!

Kicking things off with the ‘Motörhead ‘79’ campaign, it celebrates the 40th Anniversary of the incredible Overkill, and Bomber albums with fantastic new deluxe editions, both as hardbound bookpacks in two CD and triple LP format.

The releases feature previously unheard concerts from the ’79 tours, interviews and many unseen photos. Also, the ’79 campaign will see the release of the spectacular ultimate fan / collectors 1979 Box-Set.

All three of these releases have been created with the full cooperation and involvement of the estates of Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister, “Fast” Eddie Clarke and Phil “Philthy Animal” Taylor.

The 1979 Box Set contains:
*Both the original Overkill and Bomber albums half-speed mastered and pressed on 180 gram vinyl created from the original master tapes
*Two double-live albums of previously unheard concert material from the ’79 tours
*A 40-page period-accurate ‘music magazine’ featuring unseen photos and fresh interviews regarding the era
* The Rest of ’79 Vinyl, featuring B-sides, outtakes and rare tracks
* ‘No Class’ 7” single with gatefold art
* The Bomber tour programme
* Overkill sheet music book
* ’79 badge set
* All encased in black biker jacket box

By going through the band’s extensive private archives, to receiving the assistance of key people who were part of their ’79 circle of friends, crew, and accomplices – as well as consulting with super fans – all parties are immensely proud to show the level of detail and commitment which has gone into all three of the ’79 releases, and which will continue with future projects. It was always Lemmy’s demand to give the fans the very best possible in every respect, we believe we have achieved that with these reissues.

A further element of the ’79 box-set release is to offer Motörfans new, old and in-betweenish the full scope and context of how life was when these classics were being created. 1979 was a seismic year for many reasons, and both Overkill and Bomber were written, recorded and toured against a Great Britain dealing with strikes, Margaret Thatcher, football hooliganism plus Buggles and the Bee Gees!

And on the 9th March 1979, millions of unsuspecting viewers tuned into the BBC’s Top Of The Pops to witness the loudest, most raucous, dangerous and downright exciting band on earth perform the title track of their album Overkill.

A hybrid of punk, rock and heavy metal played with relentless, ear-curdling power, Motörhead were a force of nature propelled by bassist & vocalist Ian “Lemmy” Kilmister, guitarist “Fast” Eddie Clarke and drummer Phil “Philthy Animal” Taylor.

The alchemy between these three outrageous and utterly immortal men was nothing short of life-changing for millions, and all three shared a wonderful ‘mad band of brothers’ approach to life and music; there was no ‘off’ switch and they became legends as a result. Overkill and Bomber are icons, brain-damagingly brilliant to the nth degree, and their enormous influence still reverberates through all genres of music to this day.

See below for full details of the Overkill and Bomber releases and be sure to visitwww.iMotorhead.com for news and updates!
BOX SET TRACKLISTING
Overkill
Side One

Overkill
Stay Clean
(I Won’t) Pay Your Price
I’ll Be Your Sister
Capricorn

Side Two
No Class
Damage Case
Tear Ya Down
Metropolis
Limb From Limb

Bomber
Side One

Dead Men Tell No Tales
Lawman
Sweet Revenge
Sharpshooter
Poison

Side Two
Stone Dead Forever
All The Aces
Step Down
Talking Head
Bomber

Good N’Loud
Live At Friars, Aylesbury – 31st March 1979
Side One

Overkill
Stay Clean
Keep Us On The Road
No Class
Leaving Here

Side Two
Iron Horse / Born To Lose
Metropolis
The Watcher
Damage Case

Side Three
(I Won’t) Pay Your Price
Capricorn
Too Late, Too Late
I’ll Be Your Sister

Side Four
I’m Your Witchdoctor
Train Kept A-Rollin’
Limb From Limb
White Line Fever
Motörhead

Sharpshooter
Live At la Rotunde, Le Mans – 3rd Nov 1979
Side One

Overkill
Stay Clean
No Class
Metropolis

Side Two
All The Aces
Dead Men Tell No Tales
I’ll Be Your Sister
Lawman
Too Late, Too Late

Side Three
Poison
(I Won’t) Pay Your Price
Sharpshooter
Capricorn
Train Kept A-Rollin’

Side Four
Bomber
Limb From Limb
White Line Fever
Motörhead

The Rest Of ‘79
Side One

Too Late, Too Late (Overkill 7" B-Side)
Like A Nightmare (Alternative version of No Class B-Side)
Over The Top (Bomber 7" B-Side)
Stone Dead Forever (Alternative Version)
Sharpshooter (Alternative Version)

Side Two
Bomber (Alternative Version)
Step Down (Alternative Version)
Fun On The Farm (Bomber Outtake)
Treat Me Nice (Bomber Outtake)
You Ain't Gonna Live Forever (Bomber Outtake)

No Class 7”
Side One

No Class

Side Two
Like A Nightmare

The Caretaker's An Empty Bliss Beyond This World

Jim Sullivan's second album. The reissue of his first one, UFO, is amazing. Been hoping this one would surface for years. Also seem to have some 'lost recordings' thing being released which I'm not too bothered by but could be pretty cool nonetheless

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back