dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
Ian used to post here, under the guise of @omo, and then changed his name to something I can't remember before hanging up his Thumped spurs. You'll remember him, funny fucker, made Large Mound videos etc.

A couple of years back, like 2, he took up running. Last night, he did something astonishing.

An ultra marathon, run SOLO within 2km of his home and starting at 2am to maximise social distancing, all to raise money for special care baby units across the country, in memory of his son, Hank.

Check this shit out

1587305655732.png

and then, if you have a spare couple of quid, you can donate here

People often to 5ks or marathons for charity, and it's great, but the effort and determination behind this is astounding. Well done that man

He has an article about grief and running and stuff in the current edition of the A Little Lifetime magazine. I’ll see if I can get it online.

and here I am struggling to do 5

At a certain point something clicks and you can settle in and run... like, 15k or whatever out of nowhere.

I mean, it can do. If you were not some horrendous sedentary fat fuck who sits in his apartment programming bullshit all day it might.

This is a bit more packaged-corporate-sponsored holy shit stuff which mightn't be in the spirit at all, but I still did some raised eyebrow / confused looks.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back