Thread for Current pop songs you like (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I KNOW IT'S NOT CURRENT

but it's current for me

Listened to the Billie Eilish album today

1mk7SSli_400x400.jpg

Listened to the Billie Eilish album today

erm ... I don't understand Simpsons references, but I've listened just a couple of times, and I think it's *really* good. Hadn't heard of her until my 14-year-old started going on about her - turns out she's the 12th most popular artist on spotify :eek:

Actually listening to it atm - some of these songs are crackers

erm ... I don't understand Simpsons references, but I've listened just a couple of times, and I think it's *really* good. Hadn't heard of her until my 14-year-old started going on about her - turns out she's the 12th most popular artist on spotify :eek:

Actually listening to it atm - some of these songs are crackers
giphy.gif

Yeah it's a good album imho, - a cool merger of a load of different styles - i was surprised how soft sounding it all is, like ASMR goth-pop or something. I'm too old for it obviously and it's a little too contrived to be BIG ART but I can see the appeal.

You could probably draw a comparison to Kim Wilde - like Eilish most of her songs were written by her brother (and her dad) in whatever style was popular, and she had the right look.

Well... come now, only very unusual if you're 15 yourself; you'd have to suspend your years of life experience to pretend you'd never met someone or heard a song by someone who is super proud of how straight they are compared to their friends, Jonathan Richman was around in the 70's!

I'm not ashamed to admit i'm too old to fully get this music, but I'm not knocking it for that reason either.

giphy.gif

Yeah it's a good album imho, - a cool merger of a load of different styles - i was surprised how soft sounding it all is, like ASMR goth-pop or something. I'm too old for it obviously and it's a little too contrived to be BIG ART but I can see the appeal.

You could probably draw a comparison to Kim Wilde - like Eilish most of her songs were written by her brother (and her dad) in whatever style was popular, and she had the right look.

Jackson family early warning system klaxon

Well... come now, only very unusual if you're 15 yourself; you'd have to suspend your years of life experience to pretend you'd never met someone or heard a song by someone who is super proud of how straight they are compared to their friends, Jonathan Richman was around in the 70's!
Heh, fair enough. V unusual in the context of modern pop only

Ehh sure. I see it as this years teenage angst song, or this years alienated from my friends song, but it's also probably the only current pop song about not being on drugs in a world where every 20 year old rapper is dying from drug overdoses. All three can be true at the same time 🤷‍♂️

I've been on a steady diet of Post Malone, XXXstation (spelling?), J Cole and lots of others who all sound alike. I'm starting to be able to tell them apart, slowly.
We has Billie Eilish in the car today. That's radical music. I dig it. Production is off the charts. @GO you should check her out.

My way of understanding Post Malone is that he's kinda just a friendly party stoner

I suppose he's a bit like Mac DeMarco

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back