Thread for Current pop songs you like (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i can easily imagine sufferin stevens doing that

The kids love her.
1) She has the biggest label pouring marketing money into her.
2) She naturally looks instagrammed so gets to be nomakeup/best friend pop star. Very 2018.
3) She has a vapid self-empowerment/feminist story behind her first hit but is devoid of all personality otherwise so is perfect for being sold.
4) Big tune. You need a big tune. It's a big tune. I quite like the tune in fairness.

I didn't realise that was an acoustic version you posted there, this is the non-acoustic one - @Bernie Lomax

I mean i'm cynical about it all, sure, but it's still interesting. Scandi-pop has been around ages and has been missing a young star to break America properly.

Last edited:
Maybe it'll get the poor old Wildhearts a few accidental pennies from Spotify

Jaysis, for a pop fan you're very disapproving of the way pop music works
I see no reason to assume that pop music must work that way just because some of it does right now.

Isn't it mad that in 2018 adult music journalists are still writing up that stuff, what with things being problematic and all.

Martin Sjølie
?

He's the main credit on at least one of her singles. I thought in 1998 2008 2018 writing about artists without talking about the twice their age co-writer credited on their tracks as being a function of how a 16 year old goes from demo to fully formed pop product would be kinda, well, problematic? Like we all know its the record company pairing off 'talent' (someone attractive) with the right 'guidance' (someone who's got no beef with writing in character of a teenage girl in their mid 30s) but just in case it was a completely organic development, its still really not fitting with the times to do the whole invisible partner thing in terms of ethics

He's the main credit on at least one of her singles. I thought in 1998 2008 2018 writing about artists without talking about the twice their age co-writer credited on their tracks as being a function of how a 16 year old goes from demo to fully formed pop product would be kinda, well, problematic? Like we all know its the record company pairing off 'talent' (someone attractive) with the right 'guidance' (someone who's got no beef with writing in character of a teenage girl in their mid 30s) but just in case it was a completely organic development, its still really not fitting with the times to do the whole invisible partner thing in terms of ethics
That doesn't sound very poptimistic of you. 2018 is about being a fan and loving every second of what your faultless queen does.

Also people don't care, they don't won't to think about it because they're stressed enough as it is and music mostly functions as ambient wallpaper for modern listeners.

That doesn't sound very poptimistic of you. 2018 is about being a fan and loving every second of what your faultless queen does.

Also people don't care, they don't won't to think about it because they're stressed enough as it is and music mostly functions as ambient wallpaper for modern listeners.

Ohh like i've zero issue with people liking whatever wallpaper is available at any time, its just a bunch of fleshy noise anyways, my beef is with grown up 'music' 'journalists' who are happy to ride the copy and paste wave without at least checking wikipedia.

Ohh like i've zero issue with people liking whatever wallpaper is available at any time, its just a bunch of fleshy noise anyways, my beef is with grown up 'music' 'journalists' who are happy to ride the copy and paste wave without at least checking wikipedia.
They have a deadline to meet and they're all unpaid interns as it is.

You'd think when you can just go listen to a song that it'd be marketing that'd die and writing for the sake of writing would live on but the opposite happened.

I released something a while back with zero promo into the 'cloud' under a different moniker and didn't tell anyone, not even twitter. It literally got about two listens. Its been deleted since FYI, but at some level, people obviously need to hear about something somewhere, and the algorithms still need a bit of a kick

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back