This Show Totally Rocks - Radioactive International (1 Viewer)

I was too busy on Thursday filling myself with Turkey to stick this up here so here you go.

Thanksgiving Totally Rocks 27th November

Thanksgiving Tunes Totally Rock 27th November

This weeks show is all about thanks. Thanks that great music has been produced in my lifetime and that I can play tunes like these whenever I want to! Eat loads, drink loads, talk loads, its the day for it. Tune in for:

The Stooges

The MC5

David Bowie

The Rolling Stones

Thin Lizzy

Jimi Hendrix

The Dwarves

The Damned

The Marked Men

FIDLAR

The Hives

DEVO Deadly early video!!!

The Stranglers

The Undertones

Stiff Little Fingers

The Ramones

Buzzcocks

The Pixies

All of tonight’s links take you staight to live videos. Live is where its at.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Tune in!!

These Wizards of Firetop Mountain Totally Rock 11th December

These Wizards Totally Rock 11th December

This week Wizards of Firetop of Mountain took over the show, picked all the tunes, drank all the beer and ate all the pizza. What starts out as mildly shambolic and quickly descends into a complete fiascapade eventually turns into possibly be the greatest two hours of radio ever produced. Tune in for:

Alice Cooper

Dead Boys

Girlschool

Jimi Hendrix

The Exploding Hearts

Cocksparrer

Vomitor

Judas Priest

Limp Wrist

Del Shannon

Radiators from Space

Bad Brains

ASSUCK

Death

Dead Moon

Thin Lizzy

Paranoid Visions

Merciful Fate

Annilation Time

Wizards of Firetop Mountain

Rory Gallagher

Motorhead

Misfits

New Gods

Terrordactyl

Radio Birdman

The Stupids

Moutpiece

Frankie Lymon

Zeke

MC5

Harvester

Crime

Thin Lizzy

Wizards of course dropped in because they are launching a tape over the next couple weeks.

The first gig is this Saturday 13th December in the Cork Community Print Shop

Then they launch the tape for Dublin On 20th December in Sweeney’s Dublin.

The other gig mentioned in the show is the New Gods 7″ Launch on the afternoon of 21st December.

If you want more of these tunes, click the links for live footage, interviews and all sorts of great stuff.

If you want more of these 3 messers, head to any of the gigs linked above.

If you want your 2 hours back, there is something wrong with ya.

Tune in!!!

This Xmas Weekend in Dublin is Gonna Totally Rock 18th December

This Xmas Weekend Totally Rocks 18th December

Dublin is so packed full of gigs this weekend it would make the head spin. So this week the show is going to highlight a few of the gigs with info on dates, times and places, tunes from the bands and tunes picked by members of the bands playing. Check this out and then set your liver to stun.

First up its some No Spill Blood in a nod to their midnight gig in Whelans.

Then it’s the Exploding Eyes who are playing tomorrow night in Whelans at midnight.

Saturday night sees two gigs going head to head for your attention.

First up its the The great Thumped.com Christmas Caper

in aid of A Little Lifetime Foundation

The other gig on Saturday night is of course the Wizards of Firetop Mountain Tape Launch in Sweeneys.

Then its finally on to Sundays afternoon New Gods – Gods of Punk 7″ launch in the Tenterhooks.

That’s some haul of gigs. You’d be mad to miss them. Tune in, rock out, Merry Xmas!

Forgot to stick this on here last week, check it out now!!!

This First New Totally Rocks Show of 2015 Totally Rocks 8th January

First Totally Rocks of 2015 8th January

New Year, New Show, New Tunes, Let’s go!!!

Things kick off with a bit of The Cows before we head to San Diego to have a look at some new tunes I got in the post for Xmas. So we get a bit of The Widows, Shark Blood, The Lumps and Shake Before Us. We stay in SoCal for a couple more from The Night Birds and Tongan Death Grip and then its off to Europe for Henry Fiat’s Open Sore and Dean Dirg. Heading back to the US, it’s the Dwarves, Neighborhood Brats, Big Eyes, Beat Beat Beat, Bass Drum of Death, Video and The Bad Sports. Next it’s a few tunes with lovely big production from Rozwell Kid, Diarrhea Planet, King Tuff, Ty Segall and Thee Oh Sees. Dan Sartain gets a look in for a bit of lo-fi before together PANGEA and Superchunk wrap things up. Thanks to the Bro and The Lumps for the new tunes and thanks everyone for tuning in for the last couple of years. Here’s to 2015 kicking ass and making a few new names.

Tune in, Rock Out.

Click the links to stream/download/purchase/support the music played.

That Jay Reatard Totally Rocks 15th January

Jay Reatard Totally Rocked 15th January

Tuesday was the 5 year anniversary of the death of one of my musical heroes, Jay Reatard. When I discovered Jay, I discovered a musician who seemed to nearly breath music at the expense of everything else and I found someone with a dedication to making music that I truly admired. So this week’s show is completely Reatarded. The first half of the show is chronological, starting with his first band The Reatards and finishing with his final album as Jay Reatard. The second half of the show is all bands that had some connection to Jay Reatard in one way or another.

Jay Reatard – Oh, It’s Such a Shame

The Reatards

The Reatards

The Lost Sounds

The Lost Sounds

Bad Times

The Final Solutions

Nervous Patterns

Angry Angles

Destruction Unit

Terror Visions

Jay Reatard – Blood Visions

Jay Reatard – In the Dark

Jay Reatard – Screaming Hand

Jay Reatard – Rotten Mind

Wavves

The Barbaras

Cola Freaks

The Brutal Knights

The Hex Dispensers

Earthmen and Strangers

Tokyo Electron

The Boston Chinks

The Exploding Hearts

The Oblivians

Click on the links for videos, interviews, wikepedia, streaming, websites, etc.

If you missed him in Dublin check out most of the set here

Tune in, Rock out!!

This Show Totally Rocks 120 22nd January

This Show Totally Rocks 120 22nd January

This week’s show was done with a brand new puppy doing cartwheels around Studio F so there may be a bit of background squeaking, howling and yelping, much like tonight’s musical selections. Tune in for :

Black Flag

Bad Religion

DI

OFF!

Burning Brides

JEFF the Brotherhood

Litmus

Butthole Surfers

KARP

Danzig

FUZZ

The Flaming Sideburns

The Obits

Fugazi

The Jesus Lizard

Crime

FIDLAR

Neon Piss

Sonic Avenues

The Mean Jeans

Tune in, Rock out!!

@GARYXKNIFEDX may like this one. Curious if I out-obscured you on a couple of these tracks...anyways:

This Rare Punk 77 – 82 Show Totally Rocks 29th January

This Rare Punk 77 – 82 Show Totally Rocks 29th January

This week’s show is inspired by the first Killed By Death compilation I ever bought, which covered rare punk 77 – 82. So that’s what this week’s show is all about. Tune in for early punk and new wave tracks from all over the world, including:

The Kids

The Authorities

The Lewd

English Subtitles

Tuppjukk

S.N.F.U

The Angry Samoans

The Cybermen

The Dots

Gbg Sound

The Private Dicks

The Screen Gemz

Strangeways

The Swimming Pool Q’s

Von LMO

Teenage Popeye

Randoms

Razar

The Insults

The Dials

Dred Scott

The Necessaries

Pekinska Patka

Shrapnel

The Alley Cats

The Bags

The Dogs

As all songs are from a time before myspace, bandcamp, the internuts in general I have linked all songs played tonight to discogs so that you can buy them if you want. Also check out the Killed by Death Website for more info.

Tune in, Rock out

Haha!! There's a few I'm not familiar with.

But some killer tunes,The Kids, SNFU,The Necessaries,Gbg Sound,Pekinska Patka,The Bags,The Lewd,Dogs,Shrapnel (pre Monster Magnet) Insults,Razar...Killer!!!!!!

More old school tunes this week:

This Show Rocks 122 5th February

This Show Totally Rocks 122 5th February

This week’s show stays pretty old school with loads of proper 80′s Hardcore and some newer rockin tunes as well. Tune in for:

Bad Brains

Minor Threat

Gorilla Biscuits

Scream

Dag Nasty

The Descendents

Bad Religion

OFF!

Black Flag

Apartment 3G

Poison Idea

Fucked Up

Career Suicide

The Circle Jerks

The Freeze

Neon Piss

Leatherface

Against Me!

Nomeansno

The Melvins

Mudhoney

The Carbonas

The Clorox Girls

DOA

That’s your lot.

Tune in, rock out!!!

This Dance Dance Dance Dance to the Radio Show Totally Rocks 12th February

This Show Totally Rocks 123 12th February

This week’s show kicks off with a couple of local bands to get ya’ll in the mood for this Saturdays Retro Revival Indie Club Ballroom of Romance w/
Squarehead + CRUISING + Sissy + GMG.

Then its all dance-y, garage-y and poppy tunes for the rest of the hour. Tune in for:

M.O.T.O.

Squarehead

SISSY

Ex-Hex

The Bare Wires

Ty Segall

The Cybermen

Coconut Coolouts

Eddie Current Suppresion Ring

Sonic Avenues

Low Culture

The #1′s

Reigning Sound

The Cute Lepers

Bass Drum of Death

Audacity

Meatbodies

Dott

Steve Adamyk Band

The Lemonheads

Scared of Chaka

John Spencer Blues Explosion

As always the links will take to to sites where you can purchase/stream/find out more about the tunes played.

Tune in, Rock out!

This Weekend is Gonna Totally Rock 26th February

This Weekend is Gonna Totally Rock 26th February

This week’s show is all about the fact that I am lucky enough to be playing two shit hot gigs this weekend. So the show kicks off with a blow by blow of the first gig which is tomorrow (Friday 27th Feburary) in Tenterhooks. So we have the objectorZ, Disguise, The Detergents and Dry Heaves

Then its on to a bunch more hardcore and hardcore-ish bands with the like of The Stupids, New Gods, The Brutal Knights, The Regulations, The Shitty Limits, Career Suicide, The Zero Boys, AC4, Really Red, The Humpers, The Venereans and Teen Crud Combo.

My second gig of the weekend is The Shake Your GuinASS Fest in The Thomas House on Saturday so the second half of the show kicks of with a bit of Turbonegro and then its on to The Dubtones, Zeke, Puffball, Fleshies, Electric Frankenstein, The Hellacopters, Glucifer and finally one from Galway hearthrobs Harvester.

As always most bands are linked to bandcamp pages or websites where you can stream and or buy the music played on the show.

It’s a great weekend for gigs, hope to see everyone out enjoying themselves as much as I plan to. I can’t wait!

Tune in NOW

This Burger Revolution Show Totally Rocks 7th March

This Burger Revolution Show Totally Rocks!! 7th March

This week we are taking part in the Worldwide Burger Revolution and as such all songs tonight have been released in one way or another by Burger Records (among others). Things of course kick off with BRG 001, the first release on the label which was from Thee Makeout PArty!

Then its on to:

FIDLAR
Meatbodies
Moonhearts
Mikal Cronin and Ty Segall
Bass Drum of Death
Impediments
Bad Sports
Mean Jeans
Big Boys
Heatmiser
Jeff the Brotherhood
The Archie Bronson Outfit
Mmoss
Thee Oh Sees
King Tuff
The Black Lips
Bare Wires
Jaill
Hunx and his Punx
Witch

Fair play to Burger for keeping it DIY while still releasing more than 500 tapes, albums, cds, etc. Check out their Discography here its pretty impressive.

Stick this on, turn it up, prepare to get down and rock out!!!

TUNE IN!!!!

This Co-Host Totally Rocks 12th March

That Conzo Totally Rocks 12th March

This week I was joined by my should-be-more-regular guest DJ and musical collaborator Conzo. We kick things off by Kicking Out the Jams with a bit of The MC5 and then it’s a solid 1 hour and 17 minutes of rock with:

The Prisoners

Metal Urbain

Le Shok

The Hard Ons

The Mummies

The Cravats

Jack Oblivion

Henrietta Collins and the Wife Beating Child Haters

The Ejected

Johnny Zorro

The Dictators

The Jesus Lizard

The Twilighters

The Fall

Joe Jackson

The Cars

The Nervous Eaters

Hank Wood and the Hammerheads

Moutpiece

Reigning Sound

Hagar the Womb

The Spits

Sonic’s Rendezvous Band

GOD

GLUE

AC DC

As always, clicking the bands on this page will take you to live videos, interview, websites and other areas of interest.

Thanks to Conzo for calling around to Studio F. It was a great laugh and we played some great tunes.

Tune in, Rock out!!!

This Little Country Totally Rocks 19th March

This Country Totally Rocks 19th March

This week’s show is a celebration of Irish music for a week that is full of celebrating Irish culture (and often making a hames of it) So all bands tonight are Irish, bar possibly the first two, but I am not going there! Things kick off in the North with a bit of Rudi and The Outcasts. Then is over to Balina for Section 4 and back to Dublin for New Gods and Fag EnablerZ. We head back Wesht forGummidge and then shtall it in Dublin for the objectorZ, Wizards of Firetop Mountain, No Spill Blood, Wild Rocket, The Exploding Eyes, The Urges and The Revellions. We get another road trip over to Galway for some So Cow and then its back to Dublin for Squarehead, The Run Ons, Gary Showbiz and finally a bit of Thin Lizzy.

Most links this week take you to bandcamp pages where you can stream/download/purchase the tunes played on the show. As always, support local music, go to local gigs, start a local band.

Happy Paddy’s Week Everybody!!!

Tune in!!

This Big Rock Show Totally Rocks 26th March

This Big Rock Totally Rocks 26th March

This week’s show is all about the big rock in honour of the release of JEFF the Brotherhood’s new album Wasted on the Dream. So the festivities start with the first track off the album and then its on to:

Queens of the Stone Age

Fu Manchu

Burning Brides

Spider Fever

The Nightmarchers

Bass Drum of Death

Meatbodies

FUZZ

Drunk Horse

Litmus

California X

Rozwell Kid

Diarrhea Planet

Another one from JEFF the Brotherhood’s new album

And finally a total rocker from Boris

That’s your lot for this week. Turn it up, play it loud. Riffs are the answer!!!

Tune in here

That Europe Totally Rocks 16th April

That Europe Totally Rocks 16th April

This week I am back from my Croatian holidays and ready to rock. Inspired by a couple weeks off and reminded that punk, garage and hardcore do in fact exist in the rest of Europe, all bands on this weeks show are from the continent. Tune in for a bit of a road trip with:

Croatia

Italy

Spain

Germany

France

Belgium

Holland

Check out the tunes, follow the links, head to Europe, its gorgeous!!!

Tune in here

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back