This Show Totally Rocks - Radioactive International (1 Viewer)

This Show Totally Rocks 95 7th August

This Show totally Rocks 95 7th August

No theme tonight, just tunes,tunes tunes. Tune in for:

The Damned

The Dictators

M.O.T.O.

Bad Brains

The Vandals

Suicidal Tendencies (video here)

The Descendents

The Dead Milkmen

Dinosaur Jr.

Leatherface

Stomach

Ministry

Jeff the Brotherhood

The Hellacopters

Soundgarden

Wolfmother

Turbonegro

Gout

Dead Kennedys

As always all links here will take you to sites where you can purchase, stream, further investigate, etc. the bands played except of course for the two Irish bands who are so totally old school that their only internet presence are myspace pages.

Tune in, rock out!

This Robot DJ Totally Rocks 14th August

This Humanoid Totally Rocks 14th August

This week I had a guest take over the mic for the between song banter because it is the middle of the summer and my free time and my microphone aren’t always in the same place at the same time. Luckily DJ Adult American Male #1 was kind enough to come in spin a few tunes and rabbit on about who knows what. He kicks things off with some Pop Punk/Power Pop from FIDLAR, Tongan Death Grip (free download at link), The Powerchords, The Tranzmitors, The Marked Men, The Briefs and Snuff. Next its on to some 80′s hardcore from 7 Seconds, The Freeze and the Zero Boys before AAM #1 skips around the world a bit for some Venereans (free download at link), The Vicious, The Hex Dispensers, Jay Reatard, King Tuff and Th Losin’ Streaks. He belts out a couple of hits from Against Me and Iggy Pop and then goes well weird with Von LMO. Rounding things off it’s a new one from Fucked Up, an old one from Black Flag, an obscure one from Men Without Pants and a completely wigged out one from FUZZ. Normal service may resume next week or I may get DJ British Adult Female #4 on to the decks to bang out a few tunes.

Anyways, Tune in, Log on, rock out!!!

Colin Riot Totally Rocks 21st August

Colin Riot Totally Rocks 21st August

I wasn’t going to put up a show this week in order to mark the untimely and very sad passing of Colin McQuillan of Runnin Riot. But it was pointed out to me that silence is probably not the way that Colin would want to be remembered. So Tommy , Donal and I picked a few tunes we thought Colin would like. Here they are, all tunes, no talking.

Runnin Riot - Johnny Reggae off of Reclaim the Streets

Twisted sister - We’re Not Gonna Take it off of Stay Hungry

Stiff Little Fingers -At the Edge off of Nobody’s Heros

Rudi - Big Time off The Singles

The Ruts -Staring at the Rude Boys off of Something That I Said

The Business - Smash the Discos off of Suburban Rebels

Protex - Strange Things off of Stange Obsessions

Runnin Riot - Buckfast Tonic wine off of Built in Belfast

Angelic Upstarts - Woman in Disguise off of Punk and Disorderly

The Undertones - Jump Boys off of The Undertones

The Outcasts - Self-Concious Over You off of Perfect Unpop

The Damned - Stab Your Back off of Damned Damned Damned

The Partisans - 17 Years of Hell off of No Future

Desmond Dekker - It Mek off of It Mek

Toots and the Maytals - 54- 46 Was My Number

The Specials - Doesn’t Make it Alright – off of Best Of…

The Rezillos - Flying Saucer Attack off of Can’t Stand the Rezillos

Buzzcocks - Fast Cars off of Another Music in a Different Kitchen

The Redskins - Keep on Keeping On off of Neither Washington nor Moscow

Sham 69 - Borstal Breakout off of Tell Us the Truth

Runnin Riot - Alcoholic Heroes off of Reclaim the Streets

The Dubliners - Raglan Road

RIP to a man who was always larger than life and whose mark on this island will never be forgotten. Tune in, turn it up, Colin, you are already sorely missed.

Tune in here

2014 Still Totally Rocks 4th September

2014 Still Totally Rocks 99 4th September

Here’s to no more memorial shows for the rest of 2014, we’ve lost too many punk rockers already. So this week’s show is full of brand new tunes, new bands and new beginnings.

Things kick off with two from Ty Segall’s brand new double album then its on to:

Thee Oh Sees

Mikal Cronin

Superchunk

Against Me

OFF!

Neighborhood Brats

Radioactivity

The Marked Men (Not new, but reformed and playing gigs again)

The Sonic Avenues

The #1s (Album launch friday!!)

Sissy

Broncho

Together PANGEA

The Steven Adamyk Band

The Estranged

Death

The September Girls

Wild Rocket

Fucked Up

Tune in here, Rock out, then check out the links for streams of the albums, websites, etc.

This Show Totally Rocks 101 18th September

This Show Totally Rocks 101 18th September

This week’s show is a heady mix of old and new, some new to me, some probably new to you. Things kick off with an old one from Fugazi then it’s a brand new one from Shellac before we launch into Don Caballero, The Night Marchers, The Pink Fits, Zen Guerilla and The Things. Next it’s a brand spanking new one from King Tuff, an old one from The White Wires and a new one from The Orwells. Jeff the Brotherhood are next because they have a new album coming out soon and then its on to Queens of the Stone Age, Leatherface, Snuff, Gas Huffer and the Hanson Brothers. Next it’s a couple from the Steakhouse Compilation with Nancy and Metalleg. Rounding things off it’s the Reds, The Briefs, Bass Drum of Death, Spider Fever and Mike Watt the the Missingmen.

Tune in, turn it up, check the links for more info on the bands and then go out and buy their shit!!

This Show Totally Rocks 102 25th September

This Show Rocks 102 25th September

This week’s show started off weird with Von LMO and Le Shok and then got weirder when I got to the end and realised the mic hadn’t recorded any of the vocal links. So tonight’s vocal links are brought to you by a combination of lack of sleep and the fermentation of sugars. Things stay pretty weird with The Spits and The Testors before we launch into

The Wipers,

Hex Dispensers,

Something Fierce,

The Marked Men,

The High Tension Wires,

The Steve Adamyk Band,

The Red Dons,

The Briefs,

The Sharp Objects,

The Sedatives,

The Solar Flares,

The Stooges,

The Carbonas,

The Hatepinks,

FIDLAR,

The Pixies,

The Humpers

Dinosaur Jr.

Wrapping things up its one of my favourite songs of all time from The Dogs.

I failed to mention which albums a few songs were off of so if you want more info, click on the bands.

As always, Tune in, Rock out

These Irish Bands Totally Rocked 2nd October

This Missed Bands Totally Rock 103 2nd Roctober

This week’s show is all about Irish bands who I’ve missed seeing live or who I miss seeing live and won’t have the chance to see again because they aren’t around anymore.

Kicking things off it’s a few bands I missed ever seeing live.

Then its on to bands I did.

Then it’s a band that is actually still around and somewhat Irish, but live 4000 miles away.

Next it’s bands I saw years ago in various dives and shitholes:

There are a few bands that we will sadly never see again.

And a band I wouldn’t be terribly surprised to see on a bill tomorrow.

As all of the bands up to this point have been pretty much straight up punk rock the show finishes up with some of the more melodic and garage-esque bands sadly no longer gracing Irish stages.

As always click on the bands for links, some of which are free downloads of the tunes here and by jaysus, if you got taste and the know how to play an instrument. Start a band and stick me on the guest list

Tune in here

These Wig Outs Totally Rock 9th October

This Wig Out Totally Rocks 9th October

This week’s show is all about the wig outs in honour of Sunday’s Lecherous Gaze Gig in The Pint. Tune in for:

Danava

Lecherous Gaze

Earthless

The Heads

Wild Rocket

Big Business

Zen Guerrilla

Drunk Horse

Pink Fairies

Hawkwind,

Taste

Annihilation Time

And in a move that may lose me a few fans and cause me abuse in the pub OR make me some new friends and a few pats on the back, the show finishes with Free Bird in its entirety.

Tune in, rock out, get your ass to The Pint on Sunday

Last week's show. The gig was great!!

This Show Totally Rocks 105 16th October

This Show Totally Rocks 105 16th October

This week’s show is another theme show, with the theme being a another weekend gig in Dublin. This week the gig is So Cow THE LONG CON album launch so the show is decidedly power pop/garage poppy. Things kick off with a track of the new album from So Cow and then its on to M.O.T.O., Broncho, Snake Flower 2, Ex-Cult, The Oblivians, Th Losin Streaks, Reigning Sound, Moonhearts and The Carbonas. At the half hour mark it is a slew of local bands with another new track from So Cow and then Logikparty, Squarehead and The #1’s. Then its on to Bad Sports, Legendary Wings, The Uptown Bumbs, a classic from Joe Jackson, Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, King Tuff and Red Mass.

Tune in, bop around!!

This Show Totally Rocks 106 23rd October

This Show Totally Rocks 106 23rd October

This week’s show gets back to a bit of good old fashioned Punk rock and there is no better way to kick things off than with a bit of The Circle Jerks. Then its on to:

Bad Brains,

The Reatards,

The Dwarves,

Turbonegro,

The Butthole Surfers,

The Hex Dispensers,

The Neighborhood Brats,

The Gits,

New Bomb Turks

Gaunt.

Half way through its time for a bit of local music and it doesn’t get any more local for me than this exclusive and unreleased new track from the objectorZ. Then its on to:

No Spill Blood,

Big Black,

Lost Sounds,

No Means No,

a Bill Stephenson double-header with:

The Descendents

Black Flag

and finally some Queens of the Stone Age and Kyuss.

Tune in, turn it up, get down, rock out!!!

That Dave Grohl Totally Rocks

Dave Grohl Totally Rocks 30th October

This week’s show is all about Dave Grohl’s new Sonic Highways documentary series, the first two of which aired last week. The first one was all about the early Chicago punk scene and the second covered the Washington DC DIY Hardcore scene. They are well worth two hours of your TV time and if you don’t believe me now, you will by the end of this show.

Things of course kick off with a bit of Nirvana, before we dive head first into the Chicago documentary for Naked Raygun and The Jesus Lizard. Then it’s a Albini triple header because he came off sounding like the soundest sound guy to ever sit in a sound room. So its Shellac, Big Black and Rapeman. Next its a bit of Grohl’s best stick work with some Queens of the Stone age. No documentary on Chicago music would be complete without a bit of the blues, so Muddy Waters is next before we dive back into early Chicago hardcore with Articles of Faith.

At the half hour mark it’s time to move to the documentary on Washington DC and to aid in the crossover its Chicago’s Al Jourgensen and DC’s Ian McKaye’s short lived project Pailhead. Next its a bit of Grohl-less Scream. Then its on to a McKaye triple-header with Teen Idles, Minor Threat and Fugazi. Sneaking in a bit of local music its Stomach doing a cover of Government Issue who are then played next. Black Market Baby, Bad Brains and Henry Rollins finish up the DC segment with a bang. The last song has a pretty spurious connection to Dave Grohl, but it highlights the fact that he seems like a dude that loves music and likes to have a bit of a laugh, so it’s a bit of The Eagles of Death Metal.

Check out the documentaries, some great interviews, footage, etc. and not much mention of the Foo Fighters. The rest of the series should be great as well.

As always, bands are linked and the show is designed to be played extremely loud while accompanied by cold beverages of the fermented variety. Tune in, rock out!!

This Birthday Totally Rocks 13th November

Birthdays Totally Rock 13th November

This week’s show is dedicated to my brother because it is his Birthday today. All of this week’s bands have some spurious connection to him, whether we went to see them together, he gave me their albums as presents or he was simply with me when I bought them. First up its FIDLAR who my brother told me were awesome and he was right. Then its on to Mean Jeans who we saw in Portland back in 2011, next it’s on to Tongan Death Grip, Radioactivity and Low Culture. Last time I was in San Diego we saw Plateaus in The Casbah who are hosting The Supersuckers in December. Qui sneaks in because they are playing Brick by Brick in December as well. Next its another gig we went to, this time in Dublin with No Spill Blood and Jogging. Next we get a spate of albums I received as presents with some Obits, Against Me, The Damned, The Hives, Rocket from the Crypt, Spider Fever and the Heartaches and then finish off with three more gigs we went to together at different points in our lives : Archers of Loaf, The Beastie Boys and our first gig ever, Stevie Wonder.

Tune in!!!

These New New Gods Tunes Totally Rock 20th November

These New New Gods Tunes Totally Rock 20th November

This week I am joined by Moose of band of the week - New Gods – in anticipation of the release of their deput EP on Distro-Y Records. Tune in for exclusive tracks from the new 7″, loads of rocking tunes and some increasingly shambolic banter. The track list for your Thursday night session is as follows:

New Gods

Dry Heaves

The Fucked Frikis

The Weirdos

Big Crux

The Professionals

Purling Hiss

The Dead Boys

Fuck Knights

New Gods (again)

Brutal Knights

Witch

Drunk Horse

Murder City Devils

The Stupids

Annihilation Time

Double Dagger

Poison Idea

New Gods (again again)

Night Birds

Big Business

Roky Erikson

Moutpiece

Hawkwind

Thanks to Moose for coming around for a bit of midweek skit. Everyone else should pick up the New Gods 7″ when it comes out in December and watch out for their imminent and so far unannounced record release gig.

Local music – Let’s Go

Tune in!!!

Thanks for having me. Release gig is 21st December afternoon session for the pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back