This Ain't Vegas / Eagle Eye / Retards - Voodoo - 27/08/05 (1 Viewer)

skinny wolves

Website
www.skinnywolves.com
This Ain't Vegas & Eagle Eye Dublin Gig

///This Ain't Vegas (Sunderland)
///Eagle Eye
(Leeds)
///Retards
(Dublin)- Saturday 27th August
- Voodoo Lounge, Dublin
- 8pm, 7 euro

TAVbanner.gif

This Ain't Vegas

tav-one.jpg

WEBSITE
www.thisaintvegas.co.uk
www.myspace.com/thisaintvegas

Releases:
Split Devo covers 7" w/ Kill Yourself
LP & 7"s on Jealous Records
Obscene Baby Auction comp also featuring Bilge Pump, Kill Yourself, The Wow, John Holmes, Eighty Six, Buzzkill and J*R

Reviews
'Forceful and driving' (Fracture)

'There is no way of saying how important they are and will be to the north east scene, let along the world, This Aint Vegas are the new Q and not U or the new At The Drive In' (Drowned In Sound)

' Serrated guitars fall over each other in dense crescendos, drums crack like landmine explosions' (Kerrang)

tav-three.jpg

This Ain't Vegas - Black Lung Captain : lp
"Well what can I say... Inspiring? Brilliant? just plain rocking!?
... basically its jangly upbeat as fuck post punk type stuff, it rocks in a way like Burning Airlines but has that cool catchy but wierd feeling of the early Post Punk; Gang of Four and Mission of Burma... but TAV dont sound like any of these bands directly. The second side opens with a snotty garage rock kinda thing which goes into this awesome catchy post punk tune, this album just keeps getting better as it goes along! " (Collective Zine)

"That this nauseatingly young four piece were rumoured to be releasing a split with DC’s own Q and not U – the Dischord records outfit that are, in this writer’s estimation, one of the world’s most brilliant bands – is testament to their calibre. And yep, ‘The Black Lung Captain’ is as accomplished and spellbinding a debut album as 2003 is likely to yield.

It’s about half way between Fugazi and the Police –borrowing atmospheric, intricate minutiae from the former and good-old-fashioned North Eastern pop chintz from the latter. Reference points might be Dischordians Q and not U and Faraquet, but to be frank nobody else comes close.!" (Punk News)

This Ain’t Vegas – s/t : 7inch
" eloquent post-punk hip thrusts of Gang of Four, snaking wiry guitar lines through soulful hollers and jutting, funky rhythms that snap and pop like a contortionist limbering up for the show of his life. " (Collective Zine)

Eagle Eye
125806698_m.jpg
125806750_m.jpg

myspace

Influences:
Arab on Radar, The Fall, Gang of Four, Devo, Coach Whips, Prince.

about:
"Three crazy men from Leeds playing raw synth driven rock tunes. Members of Eighty Six and Kill Yourself."

"They have guitar, keyboards and drums and are a mix of many things like The Fall, Gang of Four or even Arab on Radar"

band.jpg

"They're both sassy" - Andy Fogarty

Re: This Ain't Vegas / Eagle Eye / Retards - Voodoo - 27/07/05

i never said that
still listening to ulver jamie?

MONDOBRUTALE said:
still listening to ulver jamie?

swingkid: you heard their new album?

bogarty answer 1: yeah man, got it ages ago, that shit is killer.

bogarty answwer 2: man, i got fed up with that shit ages ago, i'm only listening to josephine foster these days

i nearly dismissed this as over because of the title (August is the eigth month of the year, not the seventh)

yeah and change Eagle Eye to Eagle Eye Cherry while you're at it. To sucker in the MOR crowd, who will hopefully stay until the break of dawn.

in anyways, looking forward to seeing This Aint Vegas now so I am.

kirstie said:
yeah and change Eagle Eye to Eagle Eye Cherry while you're at it. To sucker in the MOR crowd, who will hopefully stay until the break of dawn.

in anyways, looking forward to seeing This Aint Vegas now so I am.

125807273_l.gif

Lets keep it with the Party Rock, kirstie, please....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back