Thinking of Getting Out Of Dublin To Move To The Country... (1 Viewer)

i once asked an organic farmer what keeping pigs was like - our old landlord had been offered one. the farmer threw his eyes to heaven in a 'bloody hipsters' sort of disdainful manner. they seem to be a lot of work for a once-off splurge of meat that you'll probably need a second freezer for.

anyway, my wife grew up surrounded by fields and would love to return to that, whereas much as i like the idea of living surrounded by a woodland i planted myself, i'm very dubious about the notion on several levels.

Howdy folks..I haven't been online in quite a while because I finally made the move to the schticks. I bagged myself a nice wee bungalow with 5 acres of farmland in Cornafulla, Athlone. Wifi is shite so am in a cafe in Athlone town as I write this.

Wells its been 4 months now, the pace is sooo much slower, air cleaner, my sleeps are better. Just bought my first cattle at an auction two week ago, have 4 hens, a sheepdog and 2 cats called smoochy and smokey who I rescued from the Shannon as they were abandoned. People are so friendly, lots of interesting thing to do and see.

Loving my new life..so just wanted ye guys to know that I really appreciated your input to this thread cos it had a big influence on my decision. So big up to ya all and fair fuks!.

Fair play to ya. Sounds brilliant there. We've a plan to do something simmilar. Keep on working for another ten years, to build up 3/4 of pension, and the house will be paid off in 7, so, just buy out a house or build maybe, depending on circumstances. Just get part time job out country till retirement age.

Fair play to ya. Sounds brilliant there. We've a plan to do something simmilar. Keep on working for another ten years, to build up 3/4 of pension, and the house will be paid off in 7, so, just buy out a house or build maybe, depending on circumstances. Just get part time job out country till retirement age.
Go for it. You will have no regrets and life will start anew. Its kinda weird, almost like I have shed my city skin and feel like a completely different person. All good.

I'm actually considering getting rid of my broadband ..all I do on it is play chess and music and look at ads .I can do that on my phone.
In fact most websites look better on mobile these days

I tried to upgrade to SIRO almost two years ago. The Actavo contractors came out, hummed and hawed a bit, fecked off without telling me why. After a few days chasing the ISP on the phone, I hear back that the ESB said no dice, our house is "too low" for clearance to the nearest electricity pole.

Kinda think over the next few years satellites and things are going to really erode the need for a wired connection outside of extreme weather events.

If you've got a decent mobile network there, and your contract allows, you can probably hotspot if need be.

Would you believe theres outdoor 4G coverage on my street but no indoor... only 3G...only on my street though,the rest of the town has 4G out the wazoo.

Jesus christ, we're 20 mins from Dublin and can't even get 3G sometimes!

In Kilmessan, just down the road, they don't even have cellular coverage!!

When we still lived in Coolmine we couldn't get Vodafone 3G coverage in the flat. And the humpback bridge up at the 12th Lock is a black spot for all the networks.

Kinda think over the next few years satellites and things are going to really erode the need for a wired connection outside of extreme weather events.
We couldn't get wired broadband that was any use here in Westmeath so went with Rural WiFi. It's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back