Thinking of Getting Out Of Dublin To Move To The Country... (1 Viewer)

I sorta think as we approach the end times, lads with big pointy sticks are going to move everyone who isn't producing a % food into the built up areas. As energy gets tighter or more controlled public transport will become more to the fore. The place I live now has no development plan outside 'my uncles field' being the place you build a house, and everyone wants an acre in the country and 50k plus in the city at the same time. That can't sustain. Thats a lot of non productive acres in a great farming climate and we can expect 40% population increases in the 50 years easy.

This is gonna be like the time I called the recession in 2006 and everyone thought i was an idiot.

I sorta think as we approach the end times, lads with big pointy sticks are going to move everyone who isn't producing a % food into the built up areas. As energy gets tighter or more controlled public transport will become more to the fore. The place I live now has no development plan outside 'my uncles field' being the place you build a house, and everyone wants an acre in the country and 50k plus in the city at the same time. That can't sustain. Thats a lot of non productive acres in a great farming climate and we can expect 40% population increases in the 50 years easy.

This is gonna be like the time I called the recession in 2006 and everyone thought i was an idiot.
In fairness you were off by a good year and a half, 2 years. Idiot.

NZ is being overrun by Silicon Valley billionaires who feel they deserve to be saved after they personally ruin their own country and most of the northern hemisphere

Doomsday Prep for the Super-Rich

such pricks

Oh look, Lake Hawea where @thairock lives
Lake-Hawea1.jpg

Here's Cabra, where @chris d can't afford to buy a shitty house.

cfb44133-2fd4-431f-8c7c-a3ba530eda80_l.jpg

sakes.

We bought our spot about 9 years ago. Couldn't have done it 6 months earlier or 6 months later. If we were trying to buy now I don't think we would have had a hope. Prices have sky-rocketed here .
According to paper in front of me here on the table the median value of a property here (in this particular region which is second only to Auckland ) is currently NZ$1,009,950 (€686,000) with a predicted annual growth rate of 24% !!
( we paid NZ$320,000 ) (€217,500).

But yeah, it's pretty nice here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back