Things that make you a little bit angry. (1 Viewer)

when women in interviews are asked if they are a feminist and they describe themselves as a humanist..or say that depends on your definition...eurgh..

lol thats because so many aggressive anti - men "feminists" of the past dirtied the word into meaning a psycho men all men are bastards and all women are victims lunatic.

and THAT is what annoys me. People who cannot see the irony in branding females as victims of whatever its is they are talking about at the time thus implying that no female anywhere has the intellectual capability of independent thought or action and are at all times under the control of a dominating male.

lol thats because so many aggressive anti - men "feminists" of the past dirtied the word into meaning a psycho men all men are bastards and all women are victims lunatic.

and THAT is what annoys me. People who cannot see the irony in branding females as victims of whatever its is they are talking about at the time thus implying that no female anywhere has the intellectual capability of independent thought or action and are at all times under the control of a dominating male.

im not disputing the fact that perhaps 2nd wave feminism and some 3rd wave feminists did some damage to the 'feminist' tag..but distancing yrself from it and refusing to say you are one only stigmatizes it more..it does my head in when people find out that im interested in feminsty stuff or that i am a feminist and their first comment is ALWAYS something to do with me being a lesbian...fuckssake..

im also annoyed about beth ditto playing at fashion rocks..

How dare you.

Jesus.

im not disputing the fact that perhaps 2nd wave feminism and some 3rd wave feminists did some damage to the 'feminist' tag..but distancing yrself from it and refusing to say you are one only stigmatizes it more..it does my head in when people find out that im interested in feminsty stuff or that i am a feminist and their first comment is ALWAYS something to do with me being a lesbian...fuckssake..

im also annoyed about beth ditto playing at fashion rocks..

feministy rocks.. i suppose people want to be known as equalatists ( such a word ??) as opposed to feminists. I think feminism as it was has morphed into womens studies now
I'm annoyed Jack Lawrence the banjo player doesn't fancy me

I'm also more annoyed that tv links is gone and I can't watch every episode of Deadwood during my days off.

they blocked loads of american office ones too..seems since they rolled out that new software where companys can block their stuff being put up..pricks..

feministy rocks.. i suppose people want to be known as equalatists ( such a word ??) as opposed to feminists. I think feminism as it was has morphed into womens studies now
I'm annoyed Jack Lawrence the banjo player doesn't fancy me

I'm also more annoyed that tv links is gone and I can't watch every episode of Deadwood during my days off.

no more need, hardly, to call your self a feminist today as there is to be a sexist male.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back