Things that make you a little bit angry. (1 Viewer)

Don't get me started on goats!

Fucking things, they're not sheep, they're not cows, what the fuck like?

Oh god, that's just nasty.

Also, following on from the cyclists thing, cyclists on the fucking footpath! ESPECIALLY where there is a perfectly good cycle path. If you're afraid to cycle in traffic, then fucking don't cycle at all. Fear of traffic doesn't give a person the right to cycle on the footpath, putting pedestrians in danger. Fucking morons.

Actually, anyone who doesn't think the rules of the road apply to them, or who think they are entitled to put other people's safety at risk. Cunts.

Nasty is right. The look on my face didn't even phase her.

I swear I am getting to the point where I want to kick people off their bikes when they get too close. I wait for the green walking light every damn time. Even if there are no cars. Along the quays tons of cyclists nearly run me down on a daily basis when they should have stopped at the red light with the cars.

Because people drive too fast here (and in most cities) and come out of no where around corners. Unless it's completely dead, I always wait. I never run across the road thinking I have enough time because the car seems far enough away int he distance. In Santa Monica, CA you can get a 150 dollar fine for not waiting. Plus here I still get confused and look the wrong direction sometimes.

Nasty is right. The look on my face didn't even phase her.

I swear I am getting to the point where I want to kick people off their bikes when they get too close.

Do. Please do. It'd be easy with the cyclists precarious centre of gravity.

But how do you define "too close". Some people consider 20 feet to be "too close".

Do. Please do. It'd be easy with the cyclists precarious centre of gravity.

But how do you define "too close". Some people consider 20 feet to be "too close".

Close enough where I could nearly grab their wallets out of their pockets. Perhaps that is what I should do if I wasn't afraid I would be dragged along the road at top speed.

I wait for the green walking light every damn time. Even if there are no cars. Along the quays tons of cyclists nearly run me down on a daily basis when they should have stopped at the red light with the cars.

Noticed this in Germany too - everyone waits for the walk sign, even if there are no cars around. It's a nice way to run things. Not like when you're back in Ireland and everyone is happy to "do a bowfinger".

I once had a woman scream at me on O'Connell st. because I stopped when the green man switched to a red. I used to cross there about 25 times a week, so I knew that red man = green for traffic about 2 seconds later. While still screaming at me for stopping, she found herself in the middle of the road, surrounded by moving buses.

Close enough where I could nearly grab their wallets out of their pockets. Perhaps that is what I should do if I wasn't afraid I would be dragged along the road at top speed.

That's not too close.

Too close for me would be 6inches or less. No one is actually trying to run you over like, they can get very close without putting you in danger. Cars drive that close to each other at similar speeds quite safely.
But if they're breaking lights without any regard for you then that's a little different.

I don't get a little angry, but very disappointed at cyclists who break lights and go really slowly, forcing me to overtake them again and again and again and pushing me into traffic. Why break lights if you're going that slowly???

The lights are in sequence anyway, there's no real benefit in breaking them. I wish people would cop on.
ahem.

On the way to the cinema last night (Stardust - pleasantly surprised) I was stuck behind a cyclist on a narrow bendy road. So I decided to take a "short cut" down an even narrower twisty road. Anyway after a slow painful crawl around the bohreen I emerged onto the main road again..and the same cyclist was right on front of me..again.

I hope he dies and goes to hell

2004ntejcucrew.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back