Things I should have known before now... (2 Viewers)

Presumably I heard this off the editor, but I think the general feeling was Lucas would make shite films altogether if he was given half a chance ang got very lucky with the guy who cobbled together Star Wars.
Well I guess Lucas proved everyone wrong with those amazing prequels.

I remember hearing somewhere that Star Wars started out pretty shit as directed, and the editor was amazing and saved the day.

Presumably I heard this off the editor, but I think the general feeling was Lucas would make shite films altogether if he was given half a chance ang got very lucky with the guy who cobbled together Star Wars.

Yeah, that's a big part of the Star Wars lore. The editor fixed a lot of pacing issues apparently. Moved a few scenes around.

On that though, the editor, his name is Paul Hirsh by the way, just looked it up, only had what he had to work with. The bones of a good movie had to be there to make a good movie.

It's a bit like giving the mixing engineer or the person who did the master all the credit for a hit record being a hit.

There were whole chunks cut out, stuff on Tattooine with Biggs and Luke’s (girl?)friend Carnie played by Koo Stark.

I've been on a campaign of replacing all my pots/pans with ones that match the diameter of the electric stove and to ones that all have the thicker layer bottom bit. Also stainless steel all the way. Getting a fair bit more out of the lower settings on the cooker with these and tiered steamers. I just need a 17cm moka pot that does one cup now.
how much are induction hobs these days? that way you don't need to worry about the size of your pots in terms of wasting electricity (assuming that's the goal) with the obvious caveat that you might have to replace some anyway if you move to induction.

i hadn't known that at the end of minecraft, a poem scrolls up the screen, 'the end poem'; which meant i also had not known that it was written by julian gough.

Jeff Beck and Stevie Wonder were messing around in the studio, Jeff got on the drums and cranked out a cool drum beat. Stevie was like, whoa, jumped on the clavinet and came up with Superstition.
The song was promised to Jeff Beck who recorded it, but Motown did the dirt and rush released it as a Stevie single.
Here's the Beck version, it's quite fun in a 70's power trio fashion, though not a patch on the Wonder version

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I posted about this a while back on this thread. I hadn't heard his version before though.

Gary Leeds from the Walker Brothers was the drummer in the Standells!

Jeff Beck and Stevie Wonder were messing around in the studio, Jeff got on the drums and cranked out a cool drum beat. Stevie was like, whoa, jumped on the clavinet and came up with Superstition.
The song was promised to Jeff Beck who recorded it, but Motown did the dirt and rush released it as a Stevie single.
Here's the Beck version, it's quite fun in a 70's power trio fashion, though not a patch on the Wonder version

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Stevie must have recorded a whole version of it by accident and all

They sell big huge bags of various mixtures in Mr. Price! And its good stuff

Same as Asian Market primo gear

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back