Things I should have known before now... (4 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Not sure which thread to put this in, I picked this one. Their tunes were always around, but I've never listened to a full album.

Here you go. I don't know if I still agree with these scores but whatever

Today I learned:

What a brisket is exactly. Fatty goodness if you must know.

Also, I learned from experience what a Faraday Cage is or does. It turns FM radios into theremins, amongst other things. I don't really know the science of it, Wikipedia is not enough.

Before today, if "Faraday Cage" or "Brisket" had come up in conversation, I'd have sat there nodding and saying "Yeah, interesting". Fooling no one.

I should clarify here.

I was working with a dude who is rarely wrong about anything, in a good way, he's quite clever. It was raining so he told me to move the radio to somewhere more sheltered. I moved it into what was a big steel structure that was being welded together. The radio fell over and apparently had switched from FM to AM and started making mad noises.

So the dude says "Get it out of the structure, it's in a Faraday Cage you dickhead!". He does like having the radio on.

Since I do trust this guys superior knowledge, I went home that night thinking "shit, he's smart". I mean, it kinda makes sense. radio frequency interference was being blocked by all the big steel and welding shit around the place. I am obviously no expert.

This morning I show up and he says "Oh, the radio switched to AM when you knocked it over, that's why it was making all those noises". My fault? I think not
Yeah, I still don't really have a clue what a Faraday Cage is.

This must've come up earlier in the thread but I've just learned that a decent plunger will probably unblock a sink in seconds and there's no point in wasting money on cleaning products until you've tried that.

This must've come up earlier in the thread but I've just learned that a decent plunger will probably unblock a sink in seconds and there's no point in wasting money on cleaning products until you've tried that.
Mine used to block because 1 pipe was slightly sloped in the wrong direction. trimmed the one leading to it and resealed everything that I'd to take out to shorten it with that silicon stuff. Still working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back