Things I should have known before now... (1 Viewer)

"She has talent in spades" is not a reference to square shovelfuls of talent.
It's a Bridge reference...Spades is the most valuable suit, so if whatever cards you have are in Spades, they are more valuable than the same cards in another suit.
Just remembered this. Apologies if I've already posted it.

Jonas Akerlund (the director of music videos and the new Lords of Chaos movie) was the drummer in Bathory for a bit.

Also, McDonalds doesn’t do sundaes anymore. Just shitty McFlurries.

Terry Bickers, the guitarist from the house of love plays in a country & western cover band.

A cursory listen to the mp3s on their site reveals a disappointing lack of FX on the lead guitar.

Barry Clayton, the narrator on the opening titles of Count Duckula is the same voice-actor that does the intro to Iron Maiden's "Number Of The Beast"

Jonas Akerlund (the director of music videos and the new Lords of Chaos movie) was the drummer in Bathory for a bit.

Also, McDonalds doesn’t do sundaes anymore. Just shitty McFlurries.

did he direct the video where Gaga wore a studded jacket with the band DOOM's logo on the back ? was suggested it was his own jacket...

did he direct the video where Gaga wore a studded jacket with the band DOOM's logo on the back ? was suggested it was his own jacket...
Yeah, that was him but don’t know if it was his jacket. Wasn’t there photos of Gaga as a young one with decent punk t-shirts floating around at the time too?

I never understood how anyone thought it was about Jagger. "Hey Mick, just reminiscing about that apricot scarf you used to wear, do you still have that old thing? Anyway would you sing backing vocals on this..but stick your fingers in your ears so you don't hear what it's about"

What do you reckon it was that Carly Simon and Mick Jagger saw in each other?

342.jpg

I never understood how anyone thought it was about Jagger. "Hey Mick, just reminiscing about that apricot scarf you used to wear, do you still have that old thing? Anyway would you sing backing vocals on this..but stick your fingers in your ears so you don't hear what it's about"

Great tune,for years had myself convinced the only good era of Rainbow was with Dio,I was so wrong.

Anyway,this lot recorded it before Rainbow. They didn't write it though,it was a Russ Ballard tune. Not sure if there was an earlier recording of it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Definitive cover?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back