There are two new Prince albums coming out in a few days (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Hurrah! It's been over 4 years since his last album, which has been the biggest gap in his entire career.

HURRAH.

Yeah fuck it I dunno, more threads are good right?

Prince can be good in the studio when he wants to be these days, he has an inability to capture in the studio how good his rock stuff is live though. I'm more interested in his solo album for that reason. If there's one classic on it I'll be happy enough.

I'd make you a spotify playlist of his best stuff over the past decade to prove he can still bring it but sure none of it is on spotify.

Last edited:
Prince can be good in the studio when he wants to be these days, he has an inability to capture in the studio how good his rock stuff is live though. I'm more interested in his solo album for that reason. If there's one classic on it I'll be happy enough.

something you tweeted from thirdeyegirl a while back live was amazing, live. i found the studio version and didn't get it.

this is going back a few years (2009) but it's a proper attempt by him at channeling Hendrix

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:(

how about this one? From his last album

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still can't believe he wrote a song based on this meme

Prince-MEME.jpg

and it's GREAT!

First album is fairly meh so far though

Am liking Plectrum Electrum a lot more on first listen.

Except when the girls sing lead...

Kind of disappointed the song quality on Art Official Age isn't higher than the single song stuff he's been throwing out every other week the past few years, was hoping he'd step up his game a bit for a 'proper' release. Seems decent enough overall though, will take a few more listens before I decide if i should consign it to the same dustbin as The Slaughterhouse or New Power Soul

Meh. You should be seeking out 80's outtakes, not listening to forgettable plastic funk (Northside is good)

I rediscovered by tape of Exodus a couple of weeks back. That was his best band of the 90s and there are some great tracks on there. Count The Days is a classic Prince jam and though the rap stuff has dated a bit on tracks like Get Wild, it's still killer

I was thinking about this at lunchtime, and I started worrying about what if Prince was googling himself and had a read of this thread. So, I take back saying that the rap from Get Wild is dated and instead I'll say that it was of it's time.

Because back in 1995, Versace did have it going on with the black mesh.

I've listened to that album countless times and the only songs I can remember are Return of the Bump Squad and Hallucination Rain. Great songs tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back