The WTF Thread (4 Viewers)

Someone should have got sued

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is insane!
Zimmer...what a chancer!

Edit: In fairness, Zimmer's was a cover version/ homage...

Hans Zimmer's You're So Cool cover of Carl Orff's Gassenhauer | WhoSampled

I should have looked up the history myself. I was thrown when I heard it was an original Zimmerman composition because I've known that tune for most of my life. Is it a straight cover though?. Is it a my sweet lord/ he's so fine type of homage?

I should have looked up the history myself. I was thrown when I heard it was an original Zimmerman composition because I've known that tune for most of my life. Is it a straight cover though?. Is it a my sweet lord/ he's so fine type of homage?

I think homage is a bit kind. There's practically no difference! Loved it in True Romance at the time though

I think it's homage. The original tune is in Badlands and True Romance was Tarantino's homage to Badlands - homicidal lovers in the lam movie. My guess is Tony Scott hired Zimmer to update the tune in tribute to Malick's film.

Sure this kind of shit is old news. Check this out, the one at 3.00 is totally ridiculous.

Also, Stanley Kubrick used loads of Georgy Ligeti's music for 2001, and paid him a grand total of fuck all. Ligeti only found out when a friend of his who had just seen the film in a cinema phoned him to congratulate him!

Sure this kind of shit is old news. Check this out, the one at 3.00 is totally ridiculous.

Also, Stanley Kubrick used loads of Georgy Ligeti's music for 2001, and paid him a grand total of fuck all. Ligeti only found out when a friend of his who had just seen the film in a cinema phoned him to congratulate him!

When I first discovered Stravinsky, it totally killed John Williams for me. I do feel the Home Alone one is unfair, I imagine that he was quoting Tchaikovsky rather than straight ripping him off though it's hard to take that stance given how he has gouged The Rite of Spring for all he can over the years.

When I first discovered Stravinsky, it totally killed John Williams for me. I do feel the Home Alone one is unfair, I imagine that he was quoting Tchaikovsky rather than straight ripping him off though it's hard to take that stance given how he has gouged The Rite of Spring for all he can over the years.

Yeah, like most of his scores are just The Rite Of Spring, bloody rip-off artist! Have you heard the Star Wars comparison with Erich Korngold's score for King's Row too? It's hilarious!

The Australian biscuit maker Arnott's claims that the biscuit is named after the French city[5] (known as Nizza prior to 1860, when it was ceded to France, and Niça [classical norm] or Nissa [nonstandard] in the native Niçard Occitan). The biscuits were originally called faite à Nice (the French for "Made In Nice") but this was harder to print onto the biscuit so the "faite à" was dropped and the "Nice" part remained.

Glad to have that settled

My mother bought a used fridge off Miley many years ago. Celebrity fridge. You can't beat it. then we moved in Christy Moore's gaff.

Speaking of getting stuff off celebrities*

I can't remember the origin story but we have one of these in the house, a gift from Tony Randall

*There should be a dedicated thread

Lames to Fame

my lame to fame is me and my brother were on the chairoplanes in the fairground set for the crying game, but we weren't actually in the film

then my auntie made me get miranda richardson's autograph even though i had no idea who she was

i was expecting a better response to that, it's quite a good lame to fame i thought

i just watched the film for the first time and am now deeply proud to have a tenuous connection to it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back