The WTF Thread (2 Viewers)

WTF is up with Kildare Village? I just felt like I was in another heavily manicured world. Like the Truman Show or that recent film with Harry Styles. It was unsettling.
it is for people with money who think that things can make them happy
and for them to pursue that theory to failure

Butlers is deadly even though the owners are meant to be a bunch of saps

but its still not enough to make me go to Kildare Village
I thought the dude who was problematic was not involved with them anymore. Or is that just a rumour generated by pro-choice groups to justify still buying hot chocolates from them?

I thought the dude who was problematic was not involved with them anymore. Or is that just a rumour generated by pro-choice groups to justify still buying hot chocolates from them?
oh, no idea, but I thought it was a family rather than one dude. But I guess this is how rumours get out of control so I'll leave it with I DO NOT KNOW.

I will continue to purchase their oat cappucinos when ever I get the chance, which is rare these days.

I had a Butler's iced mocha last week. Fuck me it was class. Big lump of amazing choco ice cream in there. Couldn't taste the coffee but sure you don't buy an iced mocha to savour the taste of the coffee.

Normally I go for a hot chocolate but the last couple I’ve gotten were only so-so. Think it’s really variable based on the store and time.

Laudrée on Exchequer St do an amazing hot chocolate. Super rich so it’s a once in a while treat.

Normally I go for a hot chocolate but the last couple I’ve gotten were only so-so. Think it’s really variable based on the store and time.

Laudrée on Exchequer St do an amazing hot chocolate. Super rich so it’s a once in a while treat.
this is true. In my experience I would rank the butlerses in this order, from best to not best

1. nassau st
2. wicklow st
3. jervis
4. henry st
5. dublin airport terminal 1
6. dawson st
7. trinity college
8. dublin airport terminal 2
9. dundrum
10. liffey valley

thats all the ones I've ever been in I think

this is true. In my experience I would rank the butlerses in this order, from best to not best

1. nassau st
2. wicklow st
3. jervis
4. henry st
6. dawson st
7. trinity college
9. dundrum
10. liffey valley

oh wait, thought of one more

4.5. The new one on exchequer st.

1. nassau st
2. wicklow st
3. jervis
4. henry st
6. dawson st
7. trinity college
9. dundrum
10. liffey valley

Nassau St is gone a couple of years at this stage but that used to be the one I went to most. Dawson St is very hit or miss but conveniently beside the luas.

1. nassau st
2. wicklow st
3. jervis
4. henry st
6. dawson st
7. trinity college
9. dundrum
10. liffey valley

God's work

the last and only time i had a hot chocolate was a few years ago where my wife bought me a white one in the butlers on wicklow steet. i was drinking it thinking 'this is pretty rank but i guess this must be what a hot chocolate tastes like', but then my wife had a sip and nearly spat it out. dunno what they did wrong, but yes, it actually was rank and i've never tried since.

the last and only time i had a hot chocolate was a few years ago where my wife bought me a white one in the butlers on wicklow steet. i was drinking it thinking 'this is pretty rank but i guess this must be what a hot chocolate tastes like', but then my wife had a sip and nearly spat it out. dunno what they did wrong, but yes, it actually was rank and i've never tried since.
I’m honestly amazed you’ve never had one at any other point in your life.

I’ve never had the white chocolate one, strikes me as being too sweet.

I make my own at home with chocolate chips. Good handful in the bottom of a mug, fill with milk and two minutes in the microwave. Nicer than any of the ones from Butlers or Laudrée.

As I can't drink coffee, and paying for tea seems criminal to me, I'm all about hot chocolate. Current favourite is oat milk HC from Pret a Manger. Tastes like hobnobs. also it makes me less farty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back