The WTF Thread (3 Viewers)

Burgerbarbaby

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
www.facebook.com
a friend of mine went to see them in Holland a few years ago and I watched the gig on you tube after and I thought it was good. the singer is the same guy but the others I don't know about.
Utrecht is fun word to say for the record.
This is....ok...ish...not what I was hoping for, whatever that was

Nate Champion

Homer Flynn is still in the band, and apart from Hardy Fox who sadly passed away, he's the main brainchild/ strong poet behind the ahem, vision of the Residents still.

Jesus, only 36 euro?? I got to get a ticket pronto. They were about 100 eu to see when I lived in Tokyo [ticket prices were often crazy there, I guess travel etc - an example A Certain Ratio were about 80 eu in comparison to 20eu according to my mate who saw them in the Sugar Club.]

Someone told me they are one of the best live experiences on the go - guy who's been around the block, wouldn't easily be impressed etc.

Edit: The other members are always rotating. There is a guy called Frenesi Gates who has a quirky online persona that's involved for sure.

nuke terrorist

Supporter
Homer Flynn is still in the band, and apart from Hardy Fox who sadly passed away, he's the main brainchild/ strong poet behind the ahem, vision of the Residents still.

Jesus, only 36 euro?? I got to get a ticket pronto. They were about 100 eu to see when I lived in Tokyo [ticket prices were often crazy there, I guess travel etc - an example A Certain Ratio were about 80 eu in comparison to 20eu according to my mate who saw them in the Sugar Club.]

Someone told me they are one of the best live experiences on the go - guy who's been around the block, wouldn't easily be impressed etc.

Edit: The other members are always rotating. There is a guy called Frenesi Gates who has a quirky online persona that's involved for sure.
yeah - I bought a ticket immediately on Friday. they'll probably never come back.
by the time it happens it will have two years since I was at a gig.

nuke terrorist

Supporter
Were you devo at missing it?
I'm not too bothered but if had got a chance to see them again I'd have paid the money.
at the time I had almost a phobia about going to gigs so the high price made it an easy decision to justify.
just checked, it was in summer 2007 - so I had only been to two gigs at that stage.

thumped

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Activity

Loading…

We're listening to...

• The Charisma Years 1970–1978
    Pioneers Over C - Live At The Marquee Club, London, United Kingdom / 1978 / Remastered 2021
    Van Der Graaf Generator
    The Charisma Years 1970–1978

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads