The Walking Dead to be TV show (1 Viewer)

great comment on that link- "The scenes with the blond chicas were fuching brutal to watch. The fishing scene and then the don’t come near me I’m staring at my sister’s corpse. Gunshot to the head at the end was rewarding but I shouldn’t have to go through an oasis maze of bullshit to quench my thirst for blood."

The Ian,im all for character development etc but most of the characters are not very likable at all even with their supposed development.also,a 45 minute show about zombies that has one zombie who is instantly despatched is not delivering the goods.i dont expect every minute to be filled with gore and mutilated heads etc but i do expect more than one zombie killing.

its not the lack of zombies that bothers me about the show its the fact that its shit. im well aware that the walking dead is more about the survival of people and how they come to terms with the gigantic change and try to rebuild a kind of society. why waste so long mourning characters that are barely developed? the audience has no emotional attachment to someone who popped up one or two episodes ago. and we barely get to see rick grimes and his son together at all which should be a huge part of the show. its the acting that really brings down the show- its like every character puts on the same desperate, just about to cry face for every scene. i was really hopeful AMC could pull off a character like don draper or walter white for this show but it doesnt seem like it.

Like I said.
If you don't like it, stop watching it.

Plenty of R rated movies out there to satisfy your blood lust.

And seriously lads, use the fucking spoiler tag.

Honest to christ, why don't you all feck off and re-watch Return of the Living Dead part 2 again for the gazillianth time.

Braaaaaaaaains!!!!! Send more paaaaaaraaaamediccccssssss!!!!! Bleeeaaaaauuuuughghghghg!!!!!!

You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

When something is served to you with a respect for the genre and the source material, delivered with an intelligence in the spirit of Richard Matheson which focuses upon the human condition & the downfall of society & raises many questions about ourselves as people you complain that its too bloody boring and theres not enough zombies. Fucking idiots.

Seriously, stop watching it so.

Yeah, shut it dorks.

http://warmingglow.uproxx.com/2010/12/the-entire-walking-dead-writing-staff-got-fired

Good to know we're not the only ones noticing plot-holes:

Oh.. yeah... hmm...

Honest to christ, why don't you all feck off and re-watch Return of the Living Dead part 2 again for the gazillianth time.

Braaaaaaaaains!!!!! Send more paaaaaaraaaamediccccssssss!!!!! Bleeeaaaaauuuuughghghghg!!!!!!

You are COMPLETELY missing the point.

When something is served to you with a respect for the genre and the source material, delivered with an intelligence in the spirit of Richard Matheson which focuses upon the human condition & the downfall of society & raises many questions about ourselves as people you complain that its too bloody boring and theres not enough zombies. Fucking idiots.

Seriously, stop watching it so.

God, you're some dildo.

I trust Darabont. Although I'm a little uneasy about the sudden deviation from the source materials plot and going straight for the cause (NEVER a good thing in zombie films, it always works better when left ambiguous & speculated upon (accept in Day perhaps)). But an adaption is what it is, so fingers crossed.

Still, its still just a rumor and yet to be confirmed.

I find the sound effects to be pretty bad. It's just too over the top and sounds completely fake which takes away from the programme.

well,the last episode was better,i actually started to feel worried for the characters for a bit and there was more than one zombie.in line with 123's comment on the sound,they could have spent a little bit more on the special effects,still though,overall it was an improvement on the preceding episode.here's hoping it keeps up that way.

I still think its the best thing on TV by a country mile.

Shame first seasons are only 6 episodes long.

Personally, I gotta stop comparing it to the comic books while I watch. Not fair to do so.

Anchor Bay got the contract for the DVD/BRay release, which is a great as they always do a great job with horror titles.

Given the source material they have to work with, there really is no excuse for this being as weak as it has. After the pilot, I kept waiting for it to kick into full gear. So far that hasn't happened for me. Hopefully with Darabont now fully in control and a longer second season, it might start picking up momentum

Weak? Really? Plot holes are one thing but weak? Come on.

Yeah, probably doesn't help being such a fan of the comics plus the anticipation for this show has been massive. Plot holes, weak acting and weak effects I can put aside, but the story has to give me something in return. Given the wealth of source material they have to draw on, it just irks me that they have essentially let 6 episodes drift by and then tried to squeeze in an explanation for why its all happening in the last episode. This to me totally betrays the original intention of the books (not how it happens and how it's going to be resolved, but how you deal with the here and now). If it was flying under a different banner than The Walking Dead, then I'd probably be more forgiving tbh.

Fair enough & I see your points.
I disagree with the weak acting/effects.
Bare in mind these guys are taking a modest feature film budget stretch over nearly 300 minutes. So given the restraints I think they have done a fucking awesome job. (ie the torso in the grass)

I too as a fan of the books was uncomfortable about the deviation from the (original) plot to find an explanation (they should have arrived at the prison by now huh?)

I honestly don't think they drifted by... Its an adaption. Completely different beast to the source material, let go a bit & you might enjoy it more... I'm sure Barry Gifford forgave David Lynch for what he did with Sailor & Lula...

Just watched the first episode. Has it's moments alright.

Questions

1. Does it deviate enough from the source material that I should buy the comics now while I'm watching the show or leave it til I've finished the series or read the comics now and start the show once I've finished ? (I probably won't do that though)

2. Is the comic still running ?

3. Is there one compilation of the lot so far ?

The comic is still ongoing, 70 odd books at this stage...

@123 Go, no I don't, whats your point? Am I missing out on some x factor type greatness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back