The Walking Dead to be TV show (1 Viewer)

My main point is, is that at least in the comic book the story moves forward. Season 1 was great, the story progressed nicely. Season 2 however, they are stuck in the farm for 6 episodes looking for the lost girl while we "get to know" the characters (all of which we know from season 1 so its pretty much redundant storytelling). You are dead right, this genre is more than just the zombies, its how people deal with the situation.
I imagine the biggest problem with it is the budget restraints imposed by AMC when they cut the budget possibly forcing the writers to keep them in the farm location as long as possible, but it sure has dragged on.

The plot is like a shark, if it stops moving forward it dies.

Fair point. I'm still enjoying it (though haven't caught the newest episode yet) but I do wonder if the "MID-SEASON BREAK!!!111one" (how do they market everything as a positive these days?) has also killed the momentum. Would they stretch out the farm plot that much if they were not taking a big break in the middle, it wouldn't make sense to do it in an episode or two less and leave a new story in limbo. I hope they don't plan on splitting it like that every year.

the wire. cop sit around yapping. crime occasionally happens.
sopranos: fat me sit around cracking bad jokes. occasionally one gets shot.
hooray for harold llyod. harold doesn't do much. a house falls on him.

oh i disagree. they spent 6 episodes looking for someone. now i think they'll spend another six looking for someone else. and a zombie will turn up. and someone will be picked off. but who? jesus, it's so exciting.

sarcasm01.jpg

This video rant goes a long way into explaining why season 2 is stuck in a farm for so long...

[video=youtube_share;uCyjdBac6p4]http://youtu.be/uCyjdBac6p4[/video]

zombie-solider.jpg

Now THAT would've been amazing...

I still don't know why Frank's name is all over the credits though, must be a contractual thing...

part of the thing i love about zombies is how dull they are. modern representations of the zombie oeuvre tend to miss this point entirely. i know there were issues with the money, cos they put it all into boardwalk empire...or was it mad men? anyway, the fact that the new season of mad men is delayed by 6 or 7 months is pretty much down to the same thing. but i love that nothing happens.

Ok episode 9 was probably the best episode I've yet seen of the show. Had tension, scares, horror, real conflict. Yowzah.

I don't get why they couldn't have legged it from the bar after killing those 2 guys at the end of the last episode. Since day had turned to darkness at the opening of this episode, I imagine they would have had time to maybe stick the bodies in a basement or something. Don't understand why after killing the 3rd guy, they decide to waste their time getting yer man's leg off the spike railing as the walkers are slowly fencing them in.

I don't get why they couldn't have legged it from the bar after killing those 2 guys at the end of the last episode. Since day had turned to darkness at the opening of this episode, I imagine they would have had time to maybe stick the bodies in a basement or something. Don't understand why after killing the 3rd guy, they decide to waste their time getting yer man's leg off the spike railing as the walkers are slowly fencing them in.

The day/night thing was stupid and unncessary because it was meant to be literally seconds after the shooting in the previous episode that the scene continues. Lawman reholsters his gun to indicate it has just happened. They haven't been standing around at all. With regard to 3rd guy, Herschel shot in defence but when the zombies come after 3rd guy on the ground he actually tries to stop them. I do think it was a bit weird they bothered helping the guy. Also were they not worried about being followed by his compadres?

i think the bar stand off was meant to have been going on for quite a while before the shooting started. then it got dark, then the other crowd showed up when they heard the gunshots.

as far as randall on the railings goes, Rick had to try save him because a. he's the good guy and b. to set up a scene show how herschel's world view has been completely changed.

they weren't worried about being followed because the guy in the pickup truck had already left in a hurry, leaving randall behind

or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back