The Walkaway Movement (1 Viewer)

Scutter is too dumb to challenge or debate so either A) Goes into attck mode or
Lifes too short dude ... why do you hate this geezer so much anyway?

Why thank you sir :) I don't think he knows himself with that extensive book collection he has. I reckon he has run out of crayons though.

Scutter is too dumb to challenge or debate so either A) Goes into attck mode or

Why thank you sir :) I don't think he knows himself with that extensive book collection he has. I reckon he has run out of crayons though.
I think I need to read through the thread ..on second thoughts mayne not.

@BlackGrape we don't have unlimited free speech in Ireland, and never had. It's a yank thing

Is right-on versus alt-right the only conversation we're allowed have on the internet anymore?

Do you oppose free speech?, 'alt right' is a yank thing too. I despise Breitbart btw..a Zionist Israeli supremacist Islamaphobe website of the highest order but I don't want to see it banned . Censorship doesn;t solve the problem.

Genuine question. Do you support Israel and whats your views on Islam?

Yes,I do.. short of screaming fire in a crowded hospital or calling for direct violence against somebody.Yes I am all for free speech being an absolute right.

You can say anything to me, indeed I have been called a lot of things and accused of a lot of things on this very site and guess what? I. will. survive.... and that is the price you have to pay to live in a free society.

Last edited:
Off course you will encounter assholes of all races and creeds whether they are mysoginistic, racists, homophobes, transphobes, Islamaphobes..there are people who are truly prejudiced against black people,and every other situation. So when you say it shouldn't be an absolute right - do you agree then that the government should intervene?

Last edited:
In principle I've no problem with the government passing laws to limit free speech in particular circumstances, and no problem with the police enforcing those laws. I might have a problem with a particular law or set of laws, naturally

In principle I've no problem with the government passing laws to limit free speech in particular circumstances, and no problem with the police enforcing those laws. I might have a problem with a particular law or set of laws, naturally

What circumstances are those?

Incitement to hatred, slander - the usual shit

e.g. Prohibition of Incitement To Hatred Act, 1989
Like a paltry 8 arrests in 29 years!
The trouble with locking up someone for their intolerance is that it is likely to have the effect of further entrenching their attitudes and those of the people around them and could result in escalation into something far more serious than verbal abuse. Then there’s also the problem that one person’s hatred is another’s legitimate protest, a dichotomy I’m sure you are aware of.

The trouble with locking up someone for their intolerance is that it is likely to have the effect of further entrenching their attitudes and those of the people around them and could result in escalation into something far more serious than verbal abuse
So could not locking them up.

We never find out what would have happened if we hadn't acted, or what wouldn't have happened if we had acted. We're all guessing, all the time.

IMO making incitement to hatred a crime is a fair enough guess. Let the judges decide what's incitement, and what's legitimate protest - that's their job. And if they make a bad decision there'll be a public outcry and maybe it'll be overturned, and maybe as a result we'll make another guess and the law will be changed again.

The above seems like a better way to run things than deciding that 'free speech' is an absolute right, and putting up with the consequences for better or for worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back