The Uninhabitable Ireland (1 Viewer)

It's one of my very close relatives full time job for at least a decade to turn academia, tech, politics into plain english. I'm pretty sure people in the UK have a right to it. I'm not sure about Ireland.
Give me that job

The best academic writing effectively conveys ideas using language and structure that is as easy to follow (i.e simple) as possible.
Any time you're reading academic stuff that starts to waffle on, overusing verbose syntax and terminology for no real reason, it usually means the writer doesn't know what the hell they're on about.

The best academic writing effectively conveys ideas using language and structure that is as easy to follow (i.e simple) as possible.
Any time you're reading academic stuff that starts to waffle on, overusing verbose syntax and terminology for no real reason, it usually means the writer doesn't know what the hell they're on about.

TLDR

You know that thing you often see about how every crypto transaction requires enough juice to power a small german village for a week?

Is that basically all the electricity required to operate the blockchain divided by the number of transactions? Or is each transaction adding that amount of power to the load?

You know that thing you often see about how every crypto transaction requires enough juice to power a small german village for a week?

Is that basically all the electricity required to operate the blockchain divided by the number of transactions? Or is each transaction adding that amount of power to the load?

Cpu heat loss ? 🤷‍♂️

is that CPU load separate to the CPU load that was required to create the currency in the first place?
I think that one is the one that requires all the server farms yeah, each bitcoin requires more power to mine than the last.

Fairly sure that's 99% of the power, that's why the proof of stake coins only require 1% or whatever of the power, just enough to keep the blockchain updated.

At this point 1% of bitcoin is probably still a lot of power though??

I think that one is the one that requires all the server farms yeah, each bitcoin requires more power to mine than the last.

Fairly sure that's 99% of the power, that's why the proof of stake coins only require 1% or whatever of the power, just enough to keep the blockchain updated.

At this point 1% of bitcoin is probably still a lot of power though??

Can an existing coin move from whatever the superthirstry method is to the proof of stake thing?

If not then bitcoin remaining the big dog is going to be an issue long term?

Can an existing coin move from whatever the superthirstry method is to the proof of stake thing?
I believe ethereum have been threatening to do do this six months from now for about 4 years. Since almost all of the NFT stuff is done on Ethereum, if it's more than a fad (hmm), and Ethereum do manage to complete the changeover (and I've seen some people argue that that it is an impossibility) i guess it could solve the problem?

If not then bitcoin remaining the big dog is going to be an issue long term?
Isn't bitcoin meant to be fully mined within the next few years or something? I don't know what happens then.

Im quite sure bitcoin is just a place for rich people to put money and a small amount of criminals to have an unalterable financial link tied directly to them.

Isn't bitcoin meant to be fully mined within the next few years or something? I don't know what happens then.
2140 according to google.

I remember reading a thing a couple of years ago and I might be wrong but I think it's designed that after each x number of coins are mined the rate at which they're created slows down.

I remember reading a thing a couple of years ago and I might be wrong but I think it's designed that after each x number of coins are mined the rate at which they're created slows down.
Oh, that's much later than i thought.

And yeah, it slows down because it requires more energy, which is how we got into this mess!

I understood this kinda differently - I thought that mining bitcoins is essentially looking for needles in a haystack, and it's getting harder just because most of the needles have already been taken out

Does anybody know anyone who actually knows the technical ins-and-outs of this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back