The Uninhabitable Ireland (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so the government will give you €100k on a village renewal scheme, to create 18 parking spaces, in a village which probably already has 120+ spaces. great.

turns out they've been crying out for parking for years.

Listen, i'm willing to admit that Croom should be allowed fix its problems the Croom way and if that means Croom just becomes a massive parking lot then democracy will have prevailed.

they did a reasonably good job of the square in the centre of dungarvan, then let anyone park any which way they wanted in it, so now it's just a great big messy car park. which is an irony given how much cycling has brought to the town.

turns out they've been crying out for parking for years.

Listen, i'm willing to admit that Croom should be allowed fix its problems the Croom way and if that means Croom just becomes a massive parking lot then democracy will have prevailed.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i suspect that's a reference to the fatal stabbing last week. there are claims made about it further down that reddit thread, and i suspect they should be taken with a pinch of salt.

ok 2050 is not 2040 but this is something, right? RIGHT?? plz, someone... give me this
I got a cursory read so far.

Good points:

All ministers have legal responsibilities
Local authorities have responsibilities to the carbon budget
Long term outlook (two 5 year cycles and 3rd vaguer 5 year cycle is the current format).

I got a cursory read so far.

Good points:

All ministers have legal responsibilities
Local authorities have responsibilities to the carbon budget
Long term outlook (two 5 year cycles and 3rd vaguer 5 year cycle is the current format).
Always about the cycles with these guys!

Wear a helmet!

Look I haven't read it and don't know the details, but 2050 just sounds so disappointing. Is there any ambition in this bill? I mean I'm just thinking in terms of are we aiming for essentially 100% renewable power generation in the country by 2040? And like, if not, why not??? Just increasing carbon tax on vehicles by 2050 means so absolutely fuck all if we're not providing clean electricity for people that want to switch to electric vehicles as a result.
This really just sounds depressing as fuck, 2050 and Eamonn Ryan is on tv talking like all of a sudden we are the most groundbreaking emission-fighting country in the world. It's really just so fucking awful sounding. Am I missing lots here? Is it actually okay, are there real provisions being made to move to sustainable electricity in a time frame that might actually mean something??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back